Chapter 11

Sorry again about the lack of updates. I'm not going to make up any excuses again, but I'm still alive. However, like most of the works I have currently, updates are going to be slow for the time being, so please don't expect any quicker updates in the near future. As a result, I'm going to stop apologizing and trying to explain myself in any future chapters.

I'm still so sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

I know it's not possible, but can someone please stop the world? We need to get off!

There were plenty of times that (Y/N) wished she and Adam could turn invisible, where they didn't have to be afraid of being seen by anyone, even when they were the only ones in an area. This time happened to be one of them.

Hank Anderson was looking at her with a weird yet intimidating expression. Not that she knew what exactly his expression was conveying, but from how hot she felt, she had the distinct feeling that it wasn't good, so here she was, trying to make herself smaller just so he could stop looking at her and Adam.

Adam was thankfully cool and collected as he addressed the police lieutenant and that cruel android behind him. Unlike him and (Y/N), they did not have umbrellas on them, so they were completely exposed to the rain even though the lieutenant was dressed warmly. For a moment, (Y/N) wondered what the rain must feel like to androids, and briefly felt jealous at their inability to feel discomfort.

God knows that she wanted that monster to feel some form of it after everything he did.

"Anyone home?" Mr. Anderson's voice cut through (Y/N)'s thought process, and she found herself pressing closer to Adam, wishing they were back home all over again. "You're being awfully quiet, you know."

Of all the days, why did they have to run across the police again? The memories of (Y/N)'s nightmares began to assault her, and she started shaking.

Without taking his eyes off them, Adam took her hand, gently but firmly squeezing it, and (Y/N) forced herself to focus on that rather than her unwanted thoughts.

It's okay, she kept telling herself. Don't jump to conclusions now. It's okay. It's okay. It's going to be okay.

"There's no need to be assertive, Lieutenant Anderson," Adam began, voice equally calm and portraying no significant emotion. "We simply were not expecting to see you here."

For a moment, (Y/N) thought she heard some accusation in his voice, and it somehow made her feel better to know that she wasn't the only one who was on edge.

"It's a small world we live in," replied Mr. Anderson. "But you still didn't answer my question."

Okay, (Y/N) did not like the sound of that.

"Before we answer your question, Lieutenant, would you mind explaining what is going on?" Adam countered. "I wasn't made aware that there was a crime scene in this area." His voice was, again, empty and professional, while his LED its normal blue, though (Y/N) thought she saw it flash between yellow and red for a moment.

Mr. Anderson shrugged. "Not until now, it wasn't," he acknowledged. "However, as of now this isn't a place for civilians."

(Y/N) blinked, mouth parting slightly. Civilians? Did that mean he...

Adam nodded. "We were only passing by," he replied simply, "but don't worry; we will be out of your hair shortly."

(Y/N) looked up at him in horror. She knew it was a terrible idea to stay here now that the police were here, but then...

"There's a deviant android here, isn't there?" she asked.

Everyone looked at her, Adam's LED briefly flashing to red while the other two men seemed to be as composed as before. At most, the only thing she got from Mr. Anderson was a raised eyebrow.