Chapter 1

~~~16 years later~~~

The sound of the drapes being opened woke her, and she groaned, bringing up a hand to block out the weak light of the dawn.

"It's time to get up (Y/N)," announced a familiar male voice. "It's 5:50 a.m."

(Y/N) yawned as she sat up, the covers falling before her as she wiped at her eyes to get rid of the crusty mucus around her eye and run her hands through her (h/l) hair. While she was doing this, footsteps began to walk towards the closet, which were then opened and the hangers were being moved to find an outfit for today.

"At the moment, it is 49 degrees with a small chance of rain," continued the man. "You also have a performance tonight at 5:30 p.m., which will be attended by Carl Manfred, Elijah Kamski, and various others."

(Y/N) nodded, finally getting out of bed and walking towards him. "Thank you...Adam," she said, briefly hugging the android's arm before walking to the bathroom, which she then closed behind her.

Of course, (Y/N) knew she didn't have to close it, after all Adam never really cared when she was naked, and she was perfectly comfortable getting naked in front of him, but closing doors had become a habit that she can't seem to break. She felt safer when the doors were closed, even if it was just Adam.

She then turned on the lights, which were dim but gave off enough light for her to see, and grabbed her deodorant, her hairbrush, her toothbrush and toothpaste, her washcloth, her retainer cleaners, and her perfume before moving to get herself ready. After putting on her deodorant and making sure there were little to no tangles in her hair, she quickly placed her retainer in the warm water contained in the little container nearby and proceeded to brush her teeth. After spitting out the paste and washing her mouth, she filled the sink with warm water before moving to wash her face.

After finishing, she unplugged the sink, allowing the water to go down the drain.

Afterwards, (Y/N) walked out of the bathroom, finding Adam no longer there, but she wasn't concerned. She knew where he would be every morning at this time.

Walking out of her room, (Y/N) proceeded to head to the kitchen, the soft carpet caressing her feet as she went. Out of habit, she wrapped her arms around herself, taking comfort in the quiet halls.

She loved these halls, and this house, for it was so unlike whenever she was at her parents' house.

Her breathing quickened at the thought, and she couldn't keep it back when she finally arrived to the kitchen, where she could hear the gentle clatter of pots and pans and other utensils.

Her fingernails were digging into her bare arms, and she barely heard the sound of the kitchen cease as a silky hand gently placed itself on her head.

She froze, her hands quickly relaxing as the soft hand gently caressed her head, the fingers moving through her locks like waves. Her panic was gone before she knew it, and she smiled up at Adam in bliss.

"Thank you, Adam," she said, feeling a little shame at herself.

Adam smiled back. "Your parents?" he asked.

(Y/N) looked away, her smile fading. "Yes," she said. "Have they called?"

Adam shook his head, his LED going yellow a moment before shifting back to blue. "They have not."

(Y/N) sighed in relief, and Adam turned away to return to the food he was making, so she took that as her cue to sit down at the table.

Soon Adam was finished with breakfast, and he placed them on a place and filled a cup with water before placing it in front of her. "Salted scrambled eggs and French toast with a cup of water?" he asked out of habit.

(Y/N) smiled and nodded. "Yes," she said. "Thank you Adam, this looks delicious as always."

Adam smiled back once again. "The pleasure is mine." With another nod, he then walked out of the kitchen, leaving (Y/N) to her own devices so he could get started on the chores for the day.

When he left, (Y/N) smiled faded into a sad frown. Adam always worked so hard, and she couldn't even do many chores, other mundane tasks that seem to come naturally to people, or cook to save her own life, the reason why Adam was bought in the first place.

Bought, how she hated that word.

However, she knew that she would not have been here, wouldn't have gotten out of that house, if it hadn't been for Adam.

Even now (Y/N) shudders to think of how her life would've turned out had she stayed at her parents' house.

But, with a sigh, she turned to her meal, taking a bite out of the French toast. She smiled in bliss; Adam's cooking was amazing as always.