Chapter 6

The official part of the story will now begin, so please be warned that there will be subjects explored (both from the game and not) that are not meant to be laughing matters. I will not go into them in detail as not only will I be repeating what you may already know, but they will also lead to spoilers. Therefore, I highly advise you to proceed with extreme caution.

The notes filled the room with a blissful yet dreary melody as her fingers danced across the keys, filling her mind with memories old and new, sad and happy, and nostalgic and yet ones she would rather forget.

Still, in the world of music, nothing else mattered except for the world the piano led her into, as well as the feeling of belonging and majesty because of being led into said world. That, and she was also leading her audience into that world with her, allowing them to feel what she was feeling.

It was something that she was more than happy to share with that certain audience.

Except...

(Y/N) abruptly stopped, realizing that it had been hours since she and Adam had returned home from Carl's house, hours since she had privately performed for him (and secretly Markus while he was working with Adam). She smiled lightly to herself.

It certainly has been a long time since she ever felt this happy playing for anyone, so long now that she can't remember the last time she felt it.

Had it really been two months?

It almost seemed unbelievable, that (Y/N) was now going over to Carl's house to play for him and chat with him until it was time for her and Adam to return home, while Adam helped Markus clean the house despite not needing to. She also found herself happily reading books with the other android, finding that he leaned towards philosophical texts or ones about art. Of course, it warmed (Y/N)'s heart to see that Carl was encouraging this, and seeing Markus become his own person in a safe environment was like a breath of fresh air.

If only more people were like Carl.

A knock came at the door. "(Y/N)?" It was Adam. "Is everything alright?"

It took (Y/N) a moment to remember that she stopped playing abruptly. "I'm alright Adam," she called back. "Just thought about something."

It was silent on the other side of the door, and at first (Y/N) thought that Adam had left, but then, "I see." He paused again. "(Y/N), do you mind coming out here for a minute?"

The tone in Adam's voice immediately spurred (Y/N) into action, and worry began to seep in her chest. Whenever Adam had that particular tone to his voice, it would mean that something was wrong.

She immediately went to the door and opened it, seeing Adam standing on the other side as expected. However, what caught her attention first was how red his LED was.

"Adam," (Y/N) began, staring up at him with growing fear, "what's wrong?"

Adam's lips pursed for a minute, then he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "You need to see this."

"See what?"

Adam stopped talking at that point, and led (Y/N) to the living room. Like the rest of the house (besides the kitchen), it was a simple room that was pretty big, with the walls a light green color, the sofa and carpet the matching color, a clear coffee table directly in front of the sofa, a large TV located across from them, a DVD player and VHS located in the stand supporting the TV, the remotes being on top of the coffee table, two cabinets full of DVDs and VHS tapes each located next to both sides of the TV, and pictures of flowers, nature, and occasionally (Y/N) herself with the piano and of Adam on the walls.