Chapter 10, The Darker Angels

Mister Green led them back to the place in the Q where they had found him. He said, Laenie is right, you know. I hesitate to lead you to the darker angels. They can be very unpredictable.

Dema asked, What about those like my friend Avram? He was a ghost, but he could accrete matter to himself to become visible. And he thought of himself as a vampire. Was he one of the Dark Angels that Laenie doesn't like? 

Mister Green replied, The truth is that, as usual, there can be no certain answer to such a question. As Tengri has surmised, the origin of all things is in the Q. Among the early spirit entities were those who were so similar in nature that they seemed to share the same history. In the earliest era it was these entities who manifested as dark matter particles, and assembled into dark matter beings. Each spirit entity was unique, of course, but their mutual agreements led to them manifesting very similar traits as material beings. They came to understand this as a shared world, a material universe.

We must not forget that the first emergence of the material universe was in the form of energy, not matter. In fact the earliest material manifestation of spirit entities was as energy. It was a mutual choice of those first material entities, perhaps guided by the Creator, that the manifestation of energy must entail an expansion, with an attendant cooling. This was necessary if the condensation of energy into particles was to emerge. Particles of matter get ripped apart when the energy density is too high.

Kore, in an aside to Tengri, whispered, He's worse than you are.

Mister Green went on unfazed. It was in that earliest era that some spirit entities contrived to assemble the available dark matter into material beings. They actually had quite a long run before the continuing expansion and cooling made it difficult to assemble new bodies.

It was then that many of the entities of that era who had enjoyed manifesting themselves as material beings engaged in creating a new form of matter. It was to be derived from the old, but capable of supporting lower energy manifestations. Then they were able to adopt new forms, similar to their earlier ones but contrived from this new matter.

These events occurred, as you know, through a series of emergent possibilities rather than a plan. But the results have proven to be remarkably durable, largely due to the broad agreement on the nature of material gravity wells, suns and planets, that were key to their development.

Cern said, Broad agreement. In effect universal agreement, as far as matter is concerned. You seem to have given this a lot of thought.

Mister Green replied, I've been around for a long time, with little else to do but think. And I have many friends who have been doing the same for as long as I have. We do agree on a lot of things.

Dema said, We could try to find Avram, and find out if he is a Dark Angel. We met him in Tirgu on the river Mures. He feared the water, thought it could dissolve him to nothing. I told him his spirit would survive and the river would only free him from his past. He knew this was true but still he feared it. He may still be there.

Mister Green said, We might do that. But from what I know the vampires are merely lost human spirits, victims themselves just as they victimize others.

Tengri said, And the older dark matter beings? Those who have not chosen to take on bodies constructed of this lower order of matter? How are they organized? How many of them persist?

Mister Green answered, That is also hard to say. But in our Earthly sphere, the human population has recently come to far outnumber beings of the older orders. It is likely that many of the currently resident spirits have been drawn from distant realms.

Like the old Anunnaki?

Yes, and others.  Remember, the dark energy realm is vast, and intertwined with ours. Many spirits from older realms may be adopting mortal human forms as well.

Cern said, What about my lightning guy? Is he like Laenie? Or something darker?

From what you say he appears to have a similar ability to manipulate small particles. But in his case charged particles, separating positive from negative. The potential for affecting our material realm is greater. But that does not define his nature. His association with you does that better than I can. Shall we visit him and see what he has to say?

Cern said, The last time he drew down the lightning for me was in Arizona, when I was fighting the skinwalker. I could lead us there and try to contact him again.

Tengri said, I recall dream beings who lived in a separate realm.  I now think that realm was a dark matter construct. Those beings tended to have bad intentions toward any life comprised of our normal matter, and would happily manipulate bacterial and viral constructs to disrupt it. The unintended consequences were generally the emergence of stronger, less vulnerable, more resistant forms of life. But those beings persist.

Kore said, I think Mister Green is right. There are too many dark entities who are happy to do us harm in any insidious way they can come up with. Visiting their haunts could be like poking a stick in a hornets nest. 

Mister Green said, Yes, let's visit Arizona, and try calling on Cern's spirit of the lightning. Then give it a rest before we consider pursuing Tengri's dream beings.