Chapter 3: Happy

Yuma walked into his small house with a smile on his face, clutching the memory chip that Shark had given him in his hand. He didn't know how long he had stood watching Shark walking down the street, he just knew it had been a few minutes after Shark had disappeared around the street corner, that Yuma had taken his key out and put it in the lock.

"I'm home." Yuma announced as he hung his jacket up and took off his shoes. He walked into the open plan living room and found his sister sat on the sofa, her gaze fixed on the wide screen TV. Yuma looked at it. She had the news on as was normal for Kari.

"You're late home." Kari stated, not removing her eyes from the news, "Detention again?"

"Why do you always think I'm late because of detention?" Yuma asked with an exasperated smile.

"Because..." Kari began her reply, but paused at her little brother's tone, "Who are you and what have you done with my brother?" She instead asked looking at her brother with delighted surprised. He sounded happy, which was a welcome change from the depressed mess he had been for the last 12 months.

"Ha, ha, Kari." Yuma said sarcastically at his elder sister's question, "I just moved on is all."

"Mum, Dad, Grandma!" Kari shouted with a mocking smile and a teasing twinkle in her purple eyes, "There's something wrong with Yuma!" Yuma heard the thundering sound of three pairs of rushing feet coming down the stairs. Just seconds later an elderly woman, and a middle aged man and woman appeared at the foot of the stairs. 

"What's wrong with Yuma?" Yuma's father asked with concern, he had hair the same colour hair as Yuma's but his eyes were purple like Kari's.

"He's smiling and talking like a human being." Kari answered her patriarch. The three adults relaxed and smiled. Yuma's father walked over to him and looked at his scarlet eyes. Yuma felt uncomfortable.

"My god." Yuma's father said faking a fearful and concerned tone as he became very serious.

"What?" Yuma asked sounding panicked as he touched his face and hair with his empty hand.

"I am afraid that its terrible." Kazuma said his hand on his chin.

"What is?" Yuma asked, not noticing the females of his family shaking with suppressed laughter.

"You have a Kadibingo spirit again." Kazuma smiled at Yuma, who began laughing at his dad's joke as his light haired, scarlet eyed mother rushed over and hugged him.

"It's good  to see you smile again, Yuma." She said in Yuma's ear, before releasing him.

Yuma sat a while with his family, and excused himself after they had eaten their dinner, Yuma's Grandma had made Yuma's favourite foods to celebrate Yuma's finally improved mood. He went through his evening routine, thoughts on Shark and the chip he had given him. He was curious what was on it. He gave in. He just had to know what was on the chip. 

Yuma took his duel gazer off of his desk, and placed the memory chip in the small sd card reader it had, and hooked it neatly over his ear. The AR software mixed with reality before Yuma's eyes, making his left eye appear green. Yuma saw the file that was on the chip and activated it.

Text appeared before Yuma that read:

For a good friend in need.

Next to the text was an emoji of a shark. Yuma smiled. Then the text faded, and was replaced with a slide show of images from when Yuma and Shark first met. They appeared around him, so Yuma was stood among his memories. The images changed retracing events up until Astral left. The images were accompanied by soft cheerful music. Then the music changed to an old pop song, You are not alone by Michael Jackson, as the images showed the depressed Yuma, and how his friends, Shark and the Barians in particular, had always stood by him, there to pick him back up. To support him. Then the images stopped, but the song hadn't finished. Then a small chibi appeared, that looked like Shark. A speech bubble appeared and text scrolled through it that read: