Chapter 22: An explanation.

Yuma and Shark had been sent for by the Principle, and when Astral had returned to the astral key, Yuma knew the extra dimensional being would have questions later. Yuma just hoped he had time to come up with a reasonable explanation. Caswell was sitting with Shark and Yuma, outside the Principle's office, waiting for the elderly man to finish talking with the police. They had been called in response to the gunshot that had hit the news and led to Kari calling him and being very concerned. He was touched, but his sister's unending questions had annoyed him a little bit. 

"So, Yuma where did you learn to fight like that?" Caswell asked looking at his friend curiously. Yuma glanced at Shark, not sure what to say. How could he explain to Caswell that he was drawing from memories he had of a past life, in which he was Shark's most trusted military leader and skilled warrior? Shark smiled and put his arm around Yuma's shoulder, looking at Caswell, seeing in Yuma's scarlet eyes that he wasn't ready to reveal his identity.

"Between, us Mizar and I taught Yuma some fighting skills." Shark explained easily to the brainiac, "I mean I just want to make sure my lovely Yuma can look after himself in a fist fight. Especially with trouble coming and now having arrived. I doubt we've seen the last of the imposter."

Yuma looked at Shark with gratitude, mouthing his thanks to his boyfriend. He was awed at Shark's ability to think on his feet and willingness to come to his aid when he needed it most. Shark lent close to Yuma and whispered in his ear, "You're welcome." then kissed the boy on the cheek.

"I guess that makes sense." Caswell said thoughtfully, "But how did you know that Mr Kay was being impersonated?"

"Rio was acting weird." Shark answered again, and Yuma listened so he would remember this story to tell Astral, "I asked Yuma to look at my duel gazer because Duman had sent me a text and I was trying to help my sister."

"I then realised that Mr Kay was an imposter," Yuma took over since he saw where Shark was going with his recount, "I used the information in the text to expose him, and the rest happened as you saw."

"I'm just glad no one got hurt." Caswell sighed with relief.

Yeah me too." Yuma nodded. Just then the elderly Principle, who was rather short and had wild greying hair, and a pair of glasses on, walked out of his office, flanked by two policemen. Both Yuma and Shark suddenly felt really nervous.

"So which of you three are Yuma and Reginald?" said the tallest of the policemen, his badge showing his name was Officer Thomas Bird, and he had hard, piercing eyes. Yuma and Shark both stood up.

"You two shouldn't look so nervous." the second officer, a friendly looking slightly short man whose badge read as Officer Bernard Wolf, "We only want to take your statements. You too aren't in any trouble, you both saved your class mates. You should be proud of yourselves. In fact it has been a whole since I've seen you Shark."

Shark turned scarlet. It was clear that he and Officer Wolf had met before, and Yuma strongly suspected it was during the days when Shark kept less than savoury company. Before Yuma had shown him a better way. The time that had earned Shark his thuggish reputation that Yuma knew was just not true. He always knew Shark was a good person, even before they became friends. He was glad to understand why that was now.

"I'm not proud about why we met last time officer." Shark said to Officer Wolf, "But I'm not really like that. I was going through a hard time, and just acting out."

Yuma and Shark were led into the Principle's office where they were invited to sit down and asked to recount what happened. They explained how Mr Kay was acting strange and that Yuma was the one to point it out, keeping the Barian details, like Rio and Duman's text  message from the police. When the two officer's were happy that they had gotten everything they needed, Shark and Yuma were dismissed to join their friends, who had waited for them in the school playground, since the school day had been brought to an end due to the gunshots the imposter had let off.