Chapter 9: Jealous guy

Tori was sat with Bronk, Caswell and Flip in the crowded theatre. They were among the students that were half an hour early to the final rehearsal before the big Showcase tonight. She was trying to focus on the conversation the boys were having but couldn't. She kept getting distracted by Vector, who was sat with Rio, Duman, Alito, Mizar and Girag. She couldn't help but wonder why the still panda eyed Barian was looking at her group. Was hoping to find Yuma sitting with each time he looked? She laughed at herself. After the information she'd gotten yesterday, that she hadn't told anyone else, the answer was clear yes.

Tori had spent the morning with Bronk, and had gotten him to agree to not tell anyone about Shark and Yuma. It was their secret to tell. A task she had found very easy. But as the time inched closer to 5, she was becoming nervous that neither would show up. Then at 4:55, they both walked into the theatre, smiling, holding one another's hand. 

Tori spotted them first and went down to greet them, followed by Bronk, Caswell and Flip. The sudden movement of Tori and the others caused Vector to look around the room again. He saw Yuma and Shark, and saw them holding hands. Rio saw this too and noticed a dark look in Vector's eyes she didn't like at all. Shark had told the other Barians about him and Yuma, so they would understand if they were a little late. But they had all kept from Vector hoping to avoid a scene. But judging by the look on Vector's face, a scene was what they were going to get.

Vector was on his feet and half way across the room before the other Barians could react. Tori held her friends back when Vector raced past them, hoping to prevent them getting hurt, because it looked like Vector was out for blood, practically green with envy. Tori hoped Shark would be able to protect Yuma.

Vector reached Yuma and Shark unimpeded and pushed them a part. Yuma landed butt first on the floor, Shark only staggered backwards. Vector turned to Shark, a menacing look in his eyes.

"Ray!" Yuma exclaimed looking at the back of his friend's head.

"How long?" Vector growled at Shark. Shark, who had recovered his balance, held his ground, trying to think of ways to end this without violence. The entire Theatre was watching them. No teachers were present. Yuma moved to stand up. Shark motioned for him to stay on the floor. Yuma sat back down.

"Ray, calm down." Shark said aware of all their class mates watching. Tori shook her head knowing that was only going to make Vector worse.

"Answer me!" Vector demanded. Shark didn't know what to do. There were too many eyes for the usual methods. Then Yuma nodded at Shark, as if to say 'tell him'.

"Thursday." Shark said simply.

"Is that why you kicked me?" Vector bellowed at Yuma, pointing at Shark, not caring if the rest of the school found out how he'd gotten his black eyes, because he knew this was going to spread like a wildfire. Shark saw the finger pointing at him was shaking, most likely with rage.

"Ray please, we can explain everything later." Shark stated calmly, more for Yuma's shake then his own. He cared very little if Vector attacked him. But Shark knew the look in Vector's eyes. It was the look of a jealous mad man, one that could hurt even the ones they cared for when made enough.

"Shut up Shark!" Vector snapped, barely remembering not to call him Nasch, "Was the reason you kicked me because you were already with Shark, Yuma?"

"That was after." Yuma answered knowing Vector was referring to the kissing incident, "We got together after."

"You smug bastard." Vector breathed, directing the insult at Shark, "That's why you were able to restrain yourself. Despite me clearly trying to get a rise out of you. You didn't want to make yourself look bad."