(Sirius Black) Secret Admirer

Word count: 2054
Prompts: "I think I practiced asking you out a good thirty times in the mirror." "You practiced asking me out... on yourself?"
                  "Were you the one to write me all these letters?"
                  "But you love me anyway."
                  "I've kissed you so many times already, but I wouldn't mind another."
                 "I don't know where I'm going quite yet, but I know I want you here with me."
                "When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me - is you."

"Come on, (y/n), spill! Do you already know who it is?"

You were sitting by the lake with your best friend. It was a rather secluded spot, but you weren't hiding, as classes had finished an hour ago. Even the warm breeze playing softly with your hair seemed to urge you; 'tell, tell, tell!'

For almost six months now, you had been receiving letters. From whom, you couldn't say, as they were all signed, 'forever yours, your secret admirer.'

Giving in, even though deep down, you longed to talk about it, and you pulled the most recent letter from your robe.

"No, Lily, of course I don't know who he is."

"Or she," Lily interjected.

"He or she," you repeated. "I guess I never thought of it being a girl, but I guess it's possible."

"So, what did they say?"

You just handed her the paper, too embarrassed to read it aloud. It was already well creased after you read it so many times since it ended up on your desk that morning.

Her eyes lingered over the words every few sentences, her face lighting up in excitement.

"Ooh!" Lily exclaimed, eyes locking with yours. "(y/n)-"

She stopped short at the sound of bushes rustling behind you, tucking the paper treasure under her robes in case someone might see.

You spun around, hoping to Merlin no one saw the letter clearly dotted with hearts. Gray eyes met yours, eyes you immediately recognized as those belonging to Sirius Black.

Oh no.

The Marauders were notorious for their pranks, and while you had been lucky enough never to have experienced them firsthand, the fear that your luck was about to run out enveloped your heart like a thick fog you couldn't see through.

"Ladies." A charming smirk played on his lips as he winked, a gesture that seemed to be directed more at you than at Lily. "Mind if I steal (y/n) here away for a bit?"

"Sure, but watch it, Black," Lily warned before making her way back to the castle. Sirius gave a mock salute in response, one she caught out of the corner of her eye and you saw her roll her eyes.

You were now alone with Sirius Black. Your crush.

Crap.

"So what brings you here, good sir?" you teased. "I must admit, you look suspiciously alone today."

A look of confusion crossed his face before it was replaced by a flash of panic.

"No, no, no, I'm not here for a prank! Remus is busy being star student and James is looking for Lily. I swear, the day we prank you is the day I throw myself off a cliff."

The determination in his eyes, as well as his promise, brought a soft smile to your face.

"So, you're here because you're bored? Or to keep me busy so James can catch Lily alone?"