(Loki Laufeyson) Modified Sentence

Published: July 23, 2020
Word count: 1448
Prompt: "Please. Don't do this. Don't break my heart."
Written for @iliveiloveiwrite's writing challenge!

When you first heard of the Allfather's decision, you staggered backwards into the wall from shock. He planned to imprison the prince, your love, your reason to live, for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

You sent the maid away in a breathy voice after she helped lower you into a chair, barely noticing as she scurried out of the room. You knew your fiancé had done bad things, but you loved him nonetheless. He deserved to be punished, but he did not deserve this. You'd heard of people who were sentenced to life imprisonment, and it was almost always a stepping stone to banishment. You'd never see him again.

"No," you whispered in horror.

You didn't know how long you remained there, frozen in your seat. What you did know was that you had to fight this. No way were you gonna let him go without a struggle. Without Loki, your life would have no meaning. They might as well execute the two of you. Together.

Stalking over to your wardrobe, you flung open the doors. You'd be damned if you let this go. Smirking to yourself, you let your fingers run over the skirts of the many beautiful gowns Loki had supplied you with, insisting it was 'his pleasure' and he 'loved seeing you in them anyway.'

You stopped when you came to a gorgeous emerald green dress with golden highlights. It had a golden waistband from which flowed a shimmering, transparent green layer, covering the other two skirt layers only for the hem to halt abruptly right before it touched the floor. The opaque fabric stopped right above your bosom, the transparent fabric taking over from there until it reached your wrists. The bodice sported fine golden lines in elegant swirls.

You smiled. It had always been his favorite and therefore you loved it as well. You loved seeing the admiration in his eyes as you made the silver-tongued god speechless.

Pulling it from its hook, you hurried to the bathroom adjoining the room you shared with your lover, hastily changing into the elegant gown. You slipped on a pair of golden heels and called a maid, requesting an audience with the Allfather and his wife.

You twirled in front of the mirror, inspecting every curve and line of your body. The skirt flared out as you spun and you grinned. Fully decked out in your prince's colors, you were convinced you'd make quite the statement.

The maid returned, informing you Odin and Frigga would see you, and that there was someone else who wished to see you and was standing outside waiting.

Your curiosity got the better of you and so you trotted out into the hallway only to come face to face with none other than Sigyn.

Hell no.

"Good morning, (Y/N). I trust you slept well?" She purred, eyes glancing down at your attire.

"What do you want, Sigyn?"

"Oh, only to tell you how sorry I am about what happened."

"You? Sorry? I highly doubt it." You crossed your arms, leaning against the doorway. Every time you crossed paths you ended up in a fight and boy, were you in the mood for one today. "Wait a minute, what are you sorry about?"

"What? About Prince Loki's sentence of course," she scoffed.

"How do you know about that? That's not public information, in fact, only Odin, Frigga, Thor, Loki and myself were told." You gasped suddenly as the realization struck you. "You were in on this! You convinced them to punish him like that!"