Chapter 9

(Adrien POV)

      Walking through the crowd of people, Adrien couldn't help but think of how she'd react. She'd probably hate me, she'll never want to see me again! Adrien sighed, which caused Marinette to snap out of her own daydream and look up at him. "Are you ok?" She asked softly. "Yeah." He looked away from her gaze and decided to focus on his shoes instead.

    They eventually reached a janitors closet, where Adrien opened the door for her to enter. "Here..?" Marinette asked, suspicious of the location. "Yeah.." Adrien answered nervously. Marinette walked in, followed by Adrien. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked. 

"Marinette.. how do I say this.." He asked himself out loud. "My father.. your parents.. they both decided that um.. that we should.. get.. married..." He muttered slowly. He looked up from his shoes and up at Marinette. It was dark in the room, but he could tell she was extremely shocked.

    "What?!? You're kidding, right!? You HAVE to be kidding!" Adrien sighed and looked away. "I'm not..." He looked back to her and stared into her diamond eyes. Diamond. He thought to himself. 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the box. He kneeled down, which proved difficult with the lack of space. "Marinette.. I know this isn't what you were expecting when you walked through the school gates this morning but.. I promise to be the best husband I can be. I'm so sorry our parents are making us do this.. I tried talking my father out of it but he wouldn't listen. I'm sorry.." He opened the box and revealed the diamond ring to her. "Will you marry me?" He asked, tears threatening to fall.

    "Adrien.." She managed to get out. As he looked up into her bluebell eyes, he found himself getting lost in them. "Yes, Marinette?" Silence followed, her face still in shock. Suddenly, her expression changed, and she started tearing up. "It's ok Adrien, don't be sorry. I know this isn't ideal for either of us but please don't feel bad. I'm glad it's you and not someone else. And yes, of course I'll marry you." She got down on her knees so her face was leveled with his. "I promise to be the best wife I can be, I already know you'll be an amazing husband." 

Adrien was shocked by her kind words. She's not Ladybug, but she really is amazing, he thought. He wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace, allowing his tears to fall. Marinette was stunned at first, but then hugged him back tightly.

   "We're going to be okay." She reassured him in a soft whisper.