Chapter 2

Adrien sat there, shocked for a couple seconds trying to process what his father had just told him, when he was interrupted by his father again. "Adrien, I expect you to propose to Miss Dupain-Cheng tomorrow at school. You are excused." 

He knew he needed to go back to his room, but he couldn't move. All he could think about is the fact that Marinette was going to be his wife. "Adrien, you need to leave. Natalie will give you the ring in the morning before you leave for school." Finally, Adrien felt like he could move again and slowly got up. He looked at his father with blurry vision and realized he was about to cry.

      "Father, I can't just marry her, she has to say yes, and there's no way she will." Adrien could see his father was already getting mad at him for speaking up. "Miss Dupain-Cheng's parents have already discussed it with me and decided it's what's best for her." Gabriel explained to his son with a bitter tone, watching a tear roll down Adrien's red cheeks. "You can't do this to me, to her! Marriage has to be between two people that love each other, not two classmates that aren't romantically involved in anyway!" Adrien knew he shouldn't be yelling at his father, but he was so mad at him for doing this to Marinette. "Nonsense Adrien, your mother and I were bethrothed for a business transition and we ended up loving each other very much." Gabriel explained, face still set in it's usual expression. 

        "You mean before she left us!" Adrien shot back with tears burning his eyes before realizing what he had said and quickly covering his mouth. 

"Father, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" Adrien tried to reach out to his father, but he just turned the other way. "You are dismissed Adrien. Remember to bring the ring to school tomorrow." He heard his father's voice break, a clear indicator that he was upset. 

He didn't know what to feel anymore. Mad? Sad? He wasn't sure, so he just walked out silently. He closed the large door behind him and slid down the door onto the floor, head in his hands. Tears were hissing in his bloodshot eyes, but all he could think about was Marinette. He calmed himself down by taking deep breaths like his mother had taught him when he had a nightmare as a kid. Adrien sat there, tears dried on his face when he realized he had to go see her. 

        He slowly stood up on his shaky legs and started walking up the stairs to his room. When he arrived to the large white door that led to his room, he carefully pushed it open. "Adrien, I need camembert-" Plagg flew up to adrien with an empty cheese container before realizing that he had been crying. "Kid, what's wro-" Plagg started but was interrupted by Adrien calling out his transformation words.