Chapter 1

It was a Sunday afternoon when Adrien heard a knock on his bedroom door. 

"Adrien, your father wishes to speak with you" Natalie called from the other side of the door. Adrien got up slowly, dreading a well versed conversation about something he did to disappoint his father. He found himself nervous as he walked down the large empty halls of his father's mansion. 

He gulped when he found himself in front of the tall black door that led into his father's office. Gathering courage, he carefully pushed the heavy wooden door open. 

"You wanted to see me, Father?" Adrien walked into to see his father faced towards the enchanting painting of his mother. 

       "Yes, please come in and take a seat, I have something important I need to discuss with you." Adrien felt his nerves peek before realizing it was probably just about the photoshoot he had to miss since he was busy fighting an akumatized victim with his lady. 

He sat down on the fancy light grey chair and watched as his father slowly turned around and walked over to him. He sat down on the chair to the opposing side of the one he sat on. He watched as Gabriel sighed and looked at son with a blank expression, completely void of all emotion. "Adrien, I understand you are friends with Miss Dupain-Cheng, correct?" Adrien looked at his father confused as why he would be asking him this before responding. "Yes, father. Marinette is a good friend of mine."

       Gabriel nodded and continued. "Do you feel any romantic tendencies towards Miss Dupain-Cheng?" Adrien felt his mouth gape open before swiftly closing it, trying not to look like a fool in front of his father. "No sir, she is just a friend" he paused before continuing, wondering if he should say his next thoughts out loud. "Why do you ask?" 

Gabriel looked at him with the same emotionless face he wore all the time. "I understand that Miss Dupain-Cheng is an exceptional designer, correct?" Adrien was starting to become mad at his dad for still not telling him why he was asking about Marinette, but decided to comply with his father anyways so he wouldn't get himself in trouble. 

                "Yes, she makes amazing designs, like that time she won the school's design competition with the feathered hat." Gabriel nodded along as his son spoke. "Adrien, we need some more publicity, the Gabriel Agreste brand is starting to decline in popularity, which is unacceptable. We need someone that would bring talent. And the press." Finally, Adrien thought he understood what his father was asking him, he wanted Adrien to get Marinette an interview for the company! "Of course Father, I'll ask h-"

"Which is why I have decided to betroth you to Miss Dupain-Cheng."