5: Segi

❃ Evangeline ❃ 

I spent 300 million away like nothing. 

To be honest, it really was nothing. 

However, it was still money and I had to earn back that money. I could also earn back three times that amount easily. 

I was resting in my home, dressed in a long-sleeved white blouse and black leggings. It had been a day after the incident between Aaron and the little rabbit. 

“Miss Evangeline.” 

“Mint? What is it?” 

“It seems like all three companies that you wanted to collaborate with have decided to sign up with you. They agree to all of your conditions.” 

Ah, so this was it. 

The time to earn back the money I threw at Aaron. 

“What would you like to do, Miss Evangeline?” 

The memories of Evangeline came back at that moment, and I moved according to how she always did. She would head back to her main office, sit at her desk and go through the various documents and contracts. 

After which, with her final approval, everything would start to move. 

The only thing she would be left with is watching the money roll in from her investments. 

“Let’s go back to the office to look through the documents and contracts.” 

“Certainly.” 

The air in front of me rippled again, and a familiar portal formed. Mint stepped out, giving way to me as he bowed. 

“Miss Evangeline, please.” 

“Thank you.” 

Mint stiffened. 

I forgot, it wasn’t like Evangeline to thank her subordinates so easily. However, I did not care since I wasn’t her anymore. 

“...Miss Evangeline.” 

“Hmm?” 

Mint pointed to the rabbit. “That...rabbit…” 

“Ah, I have decided to adopt it,” I smiled softly, caressing its head gently. “Would you mind gathering information on how to raise a rabbit, and summarise it to me?” 

“...understood.” 

I walked through the portal, and a feeling I could not describe overwhelmed me as I walked through it. My vision was blinded by light for a moment and I found myself standing in my office. 

It was at a skyscraper, located at the highest floor in the building. All around me were tinted glass windows. At the centre of the room was a few couches surrounding a coffee table. Past the couches and coffee table was a few steps of stairs that led up to my desk. 

A high-end computer was on my desk with an expensive leather chair. I could see the stack of documents and folders on my table, a sight that I was not surprised to see due to the previous Evangeline. 

I looked down at the rabbit in my arms, reluctant to part with its soft fur and warm body. It seemed to sense my gaze, opening its eyes and looking at me. 

“I cannot carry you for now,” I whispered gently, pushing my arms out towards my desk. “You can stay here and wait.” 

The rabbit hopped down from my arms, settling down on my desk. It curled up, its onyx beady eyes focused on me.