15: Will I See You Again?

Author's Note: Literally finished writing chapter  15. I'll upload now or I'll completely forget about it, lmao. Finally, my urge to finish this chapter is gone now, it has been bugging me alot despite how busy I am. 

So here ya go, chapter 15. Don't expect too much, lest you'll be met with disappointments.

Evangeline

I requested that all the injured be transported to the most renowned hospital in our city. After which, with the help of Mint and Wind, we easily settled the hospital fees and documents.

Since the director of the hospital owes me a debt of a lifetime, for building his hospital from scratch, my requests were approved without much difficulty.

I sighed, dismissing Mint and Wind.

"Sorry, I called you over after working hours again, didn't I?"

"Anything for you, boss!"

"I appreciate your dedication, Wind."

Mint merely nodded.

"...you too, Mint."

He nodded again.

The two of them teleported away.

I walked back to join Ren, who was seated at the couch. On the queen-sized hospital bed, Aaron was sleeping on it, his hand completely bandaged up.

"You know, Eva," Ren said, his blonde hair still messy from before. "Sometimes, it feels like you are our rich big sister."

He grinned meekly at me.

"How so?" I raised my eyebrow.

"When we are in trouble, even if it's for money, you always appear to help us."

I frowned.

Ren seemed to panic, waving his hands at me. "Ah-ah! I don't mean it in a bad way! It's just--I don't know if the others said it but...I really appreciate it, Eva. Even if you are doing it for the sake of Aaron."

Ren fiddled with his thumbs, mumbling to himself with his head ducked down.

"Ah, that's not how I mean it either. My words aren't coming out right, this is why I don't like talking much...I always screw up..."

Among all the people in Evangeline's memories. Ren was the person she liked alot, platonically.

"Ren."

"Ye-yeah?" Ren shot his head up.

"This time, I didn't do it because of Aaron. I didn't help you guys for his sake," I stated honestly, smiling. "I did it because of all of you."

That was the truth.

In Evangeline's memories, every single moment she spent in Aaron's group was crystal clear. For Evangeline who was an orphan and always alone, the memories in the group were the best.

The warmth feeling that filled her whenever she viewed those memories, it was obvious how much she treasured those moments.

Hence, that's why I did it.

I believed, in this situation, this is what Evangeline would want to do.

Even if I have no attachment to them at all.

After all, I have not yet fully repaid the favour for Evangeline granting me another life. This was the least I could do.

Ren's eyes grew wide, glimmering with an inexplicable emotion.