14: You Are Special

❃ Evangeline ❃

We walked into the mansion, our steps cautious and slow.

It was nighttime now, and Segi switched on the lights in the mansion with a snap of his fingers.

I gasped at the sight before me.

Segi wasn't lying.

There was a lot of blood.

It was as if someone had decided to carry a barrel of red paint and sprayed it around the house, vandalising it.

It was on the ceiling, the floor and the furniture.

"It's not just human blood," Segi said, sniffing the air. "Most of it seems to be vampire blood."

Segi clicked his tongue, muttering to himself. His words were incoherent to me.

The twin vampires nodded in agreement.

"Definitely vampires!"

"Their blood stinks!"

I vaguely remembered those twin vampires from the novel. Unfortunately, the details from the novel are starting to slip from my mind.

In the first place, I did not read the novel seriously. I wouldn't be surprised about forgetting it.

Segi snapped his head towards Aaron at that moment, seemingly detecting a new presence.

There was an eerie glow on Aaron's forehead, like a tiny seal and he glided his hand across the air. Just as he did that, a silver sword appeared in the air and he caught it with his hands.

I widened my eyes.

That is...

A vampire hunter's weapon.

A weapon only they can possess, since it is bound to them.

It seems that Aaron procured the weapon earlier than usual.

...or maybe, he had taken it back long ago but hesitated to show it.

I wasn't that interested in reading the novel anyway, hence, the minute details are almost lost on me.

"Would you look at that," Segi raised his eyebrows, scoffing. "You managed to take it back quickly enough."

"Shut up," Aaron barked, swinging the sword around as he glared at Segi. "Don't even think about taking away what's mine again."

Segi rolled his eyes. "It wasn't me who took it away in the first place."

"You are the vampire prince, and you killed my family and my comrades. You want me to believe you?"

"Fine, don't believe me," Segi shrugged. "I don't care."

I could see Aaron clenching his jaw in anger. "You lured me here on purpose, to surround me and kill me, didn't you? They are already dead, aren't they?!"

The twin vampires scuttled closer to Aaron, standing beside him.

"Yes, yes. If that's what you want to believe," Segi sighed, ruffling his black hair. "Follow me if you want to, or run away--whatever, I don't care."

I felt a murderous aura drifting out from Aaron. His silver sword was starting to react as it trembled lightly.

That did not bode well.

"Segi..." I whispered out softly.

"Yes, yes, who knows. I might have killed your friends already," Segi rambled on, shrugging. "I'm the bad guy."