11: What A Smooth Talker

❃ Evangeline ❃ 

I was completely awake. 

Trying to go back to sleep after seeing something like that, there was no one in the world who could. 

The bedroom was silent, and so was my surroundings. A moment later, I heard someone shuffling into the room followed by the stench of blood. 

That’s right, in the novel, the villain was called Segi. 

He was a vampire. 

A pure-blooded vampire, and those vampires were royalty in the vampire world. 

Just like the novel exactly described, he is a handsome man with a devilish charm. I recalled moments ago when I saw him half-naked, huffing in approval. 

He had a nice body too, as expected of the villain. 

That led to my next thought.

The entire time, Segi, the villain, was by my side as the little black rabbit. 

“...Evangeline.” 

I flinched under the blanket covers. 

He knows my name, and I recognised that voice clearly. 

It definitely was him that day. 

I did not dare to remove the covers, I still needed some time to comprehend all these newfound information along with the million questions in my mind. 

No, actually, I wanted to remove the covers.

I wanted to check if what I saw was the real deal.

“I’m sorry, Evangeline,” Segi started to speak, a hint of guilt apparent in his voice. “I didn’t mean to...” 

I pushed the blanket covers off me, standing up straight as I turned to look at Segi quickly. 

His words trailed off, he was probably surprised and I could feel his eyes on me in the dark. I squinted my eyes, unable to see his expression or his appearance clearly. 

First, let’s turn on the light.

“...lie...to...you…” 

He continued his sentence as I made my way across the room to switch on the lights, his confused eyes on me.

“Evangeline?” 

Finally, I could see now.

He was back to normal, no longer with glowing red eyes and fangs. His onyx eyes were just as I remembered on the little black rabbit, they were exactly the same shade and the same gentleness. 

“Call me Eva,” I crossed my arms, raising my eyebrows at Segi. “We have slept on the same bed for almost four months now, I think nicknames are fine at this point, no?” 

Segi blinked once, and a charming smile adorned his attractive face. 

“Eva it is then.” 

He seemed awfully happy at me allowing him to call my nickname. 

Is he really the diabolical villain I know from the novel? 

“What are you smiling about?” I made a face, pointing at his necklace. “You tricked me this entire time.” 

The smile dropped from Segi’s face, glancing down at his necklace. He grabbed it, clicking his tongue in annoyance. 

“I should have used a different name.”