⚤ Pa John, part two ⚤

When we arrived at John's house, the building was actually painted purple - it wasn't as big as Prince's house (yes, his own house, not Paisley Park), but it was lovely. When I got out of the car and had Emi in my arms, John was already walking towards me.

He was as small as Prince - ironically I was taller than my father and grandfather by a few inches. John grinned broadly and held out his hands:

— Cherica, Emi, hello.

—Hi John — I said politely and Emi shouted:

— Pa John!

I shuddered, but was used to my child's uncontrollable joy. John walked up to us, said Hi to Winnie, and hugged me. Then he kissed Emi on the head and turned to Winnie:

— So you're coming for my girls in two hours, right?

—Yes, sir — Winnie nodded, and as I entered John's property, Winnie waved at me. When John closed the gate he murmured:

— This is the first time there are no intruders here. People know I'm the father of this Prince, so you know ...

Then, ironically, I saw three young girls running up to the gate.

— Mr.John!— One of them waved at us.— Saw the car! Is that Prince here? —She was clutching a huge photo of Prince from the Lovesexy era, and her companions had his vinyl records.

—No — John said politely. —It's just my granddaughter and great-granddaughter.

The fans looked at me and my babygirl and waved at us. Emi started sending them kisses and one of the women asked:

— Can we have a picture with this sweet little girl? Please!

—No — John said shortly, and Emi was excited:

— I want a photo with that nice lady!

—Absolutely not — I said, and John and I started toward the house.

— Why? — Emi was wailing, and John said firmly:

— Because your momma said so. And end of discussion.

Emi gave him a murderous look, but John didn't care. When we were home, we walked over to the cozy kitchen. Emi started to look around curiously and John said:

— Make yourself at home, my dear ladies.

Then I heard a meow and a large ginger cat was walking towards us. Emmeline rejoiced and extended her hands to the pet, but I held her down:

— Be careful, it is not known if this kitty does not have the typical feline character.

— He can be mean — John chuckled. — But Jinks is outgoing so Emi can pet him.

— Yes — My child has decided. — I want to pet Jinks.

— All right — I agreed, but I was watching Emi and the cat's behavior carefully. I didn't trust Jinks. After a while, Jinks purred contentedly and began rubbing against Emi's legs, who was laughing happily.

—She's a cheerful child — John remarked as he sat down in his chair. —Do you fancy hot chocolate or something else?

—Hot chocolate for me and my babygirl, please — I said and smiled at John. —Thank you, John.

The man smiled back, and I saw a little of my father in his face. Prince said his relationship with his dad had always been difficult, although now it was rumored to be better. John was kind and polite - did old age affect that?