⚤ I will fight for her ⚤

Prince's POV

I was sitting in the living room with my mother, father and stepfather (unfortunately).

—It's ... an unbelievable story— My mother, Mattie, whispered. —It seemed after all these years.

—It might as well still be a secret — Hayward, the great insider, knew best as always. —If that girl hadn't come to the meeting, you wouldn't have known, Prince. Thank your Jehovah, but preferably your secretary.

One more point, Hayward, and it won't be nice. — My father frowned, and my mother clapped her current husband on the shoulder.

—I don't really know what she's going to decide — I said sullenly. —Cherica's not answering my calls, but my people and I keep an eye on her. My bodyguards are following her and they are standing outside her house. I am also there every day.

— It's stalking — Hayward remarked, and I raised my eyebrows:

— Yes, but necessary.

— Cherica, is that her name? —Mother asked, and I nodded. — Nice name. She has a baby, right?

— Yes, it's a little girl — I said and smiled. — I think her name is Emmeline. And she is four years old.

— You also got a granddaughter — My father remarked. — Isn't that a happy coincidence? You're surprised?

— Yes, and positive — I replied. — You know ... — I broke off. — How hard it was. Amiir died, and this loss made me and Mayte part ways.

Hayward looked at me sarcastically as my mum squeezed his hand. But I had my stepfather in my ass.

— Now I'm with Manuela — I continued. — Maybe Jehovah will make us have children someday, because I am serious about this relationship. But now ... now I want my daughter back. I want to meet her just like my granddaughter. This is the most important thing now.

—That Liz ...— Hayward began. —What happened that she did that? You know, Prince?

— I don't know what she had in her head — I started and when I thought about my ex-sweetheart, my chest tightened. — Sick bitch. She ran away with my unborn child and never told me about it. I never hurt her, never.

—Is it true Lizzie is dead? — My mother asked softly and I nodded.

— Her friend said she died of cancer. Were it not for a coincidence, my daughter could only rely on herself and her friend. I want to be the best father for her, I don't want her to reject me.

— Why would she do this? — My father began. — It's all Liz's fault. You would be a great father to this girl, son.

I did not answer. It still hurt. I lost so much. I have not seen my daughter born, I have not seen her grow up, everything. And it was all because of a certain sick woman I really loved.

— I too would like to meet Cherica and her little daughter — My mother grinned. — My new granddaughter and first great-granddaughter. It sounds great.

—Prince, I'd like to talk to you about something — My father began suddenly. I looked at him in surprise, and Hayward seemed curious. —Can we go somewhere quiet?

— Of course — I got up, and so did John. — Mom, Hayward. Will you wait a minute please?

—Of course.— My mother smiled warmly at me. —Sweetheart.

Hayward rolled his eyes and my father and I went to my studio A. As he and I were walking down the hall, I started to:

—Is it very confidential if we need to talk in private?

—Yes — Father replied. —You must know that. Especially now.

I frowned but remained silent. When we got to the studio, I let my father go first.

John went inside and went to the main console. He looked at the keys and I closed the door.

— What's the matter, dad? — I asked and he sighed and began:

—Once ... many years ago, I ran into Kendall Chambers. By accident.

I froze. John mentioned Liz's father.

—I insisted on escorting Kendall to his house — Father continued. —It was the year of your "Purple Rain" movie and I wanted him and his wife to come with me to a special premiere.

— Why are you telling me about Liz's parents, huh?

—Because when Kendall and I got to his house — John turned. — A little girl, very much like Liz, ran out of there.

I did big eyes. What the fuck? Why is he talking about it only now?

Cherica — I whispered and my father nodded. —Why didn't you tell me then? Why?

—Because I had doubts — Father began. —Kendall said the child was Liz's stepdaughter, and while I had my doubts, why should I not believe it was her real daughter? Her and new partner?

— Cherica was eight years old —My voice trembled. — If you had told me then ...

—The kid was like Liz — Father began to explain. —Maybe if she was more like you, I'd have informed you. After all, Liz could have had a child with a new partner, right?

— But she didn't. — I hissed. — It was my daughter, but that sick bitch hid it. Cherica has my eyes, didn't you find that familiar?

— Son, calm down. If Kendall said that ...

— Liz's parents are just like her — I felt pain as hell. — When I wanted to find out where she was, they kicked me out of their house every time. They knew her granddaughter was my child, but they were silent. Fucking liars. They let Liz win. And she succeeded.

My father was looking at me and I could see remorse in his eyes.

—Forgive me, son — he croaked and approached me. He hugged me. — You can't turn back time, but you and Cherica have a future. Fight for it.

—I will — I said, and stepped back. — I'm not giving up on my daughter. Liz fires in hell, maybe she had the satisfaction that I didn't know about my daughter, but me and Cherica have what she doesn't. The future and that is the most important thing now.

Yes, I had a goal and I knew the best was yet to come. In front of me and in front of Cherica. Daddy is coming, my love.