⚤ Your home is in Paisley Park ⚤

Cherica's POV

I was leaning against the railing and watching out the window as Prince played with Emmeline on catch me. He ran in slow motion to match Emi's movements with his footsteps. As my daughter grabbed her grandfather-s knee with a joyful scream, Prince laughed and lifted her up in his arms. Emi laughed and he kissed her cheek.

Inadvertently, I smiled at the cute scene. Kirk, standing nearby, made sure that nobody and nothing was threatening their fun. Recently, there was a situation where some paparazzi entered the Paisley area, but thanks to the intervention of Kirk and Winnie, the guy was unable to enter the building itself. Admittedly, there was security and alarms, but such smarts always have their own ways.

— You and your little girl are giving boss a lot of fun.— I shuddered at the familiar voice. I turned to see Winnie walking towards me with a smile. To be honest, of my father's two gorillas, I liked him best.

— Nice to hear it — I said, and smiled at Winnie. Then I turned back to the playground and saw Prince put Emi in the swing.

— This playground ... — Winnie began gently. —I don't know if you know ...

—Yes, I know what it was built for — I said gently. — For Prince and Mayte's children.

Yes, I knew about my father's first wife who hadn't even heard of a pretty belly dancer. Mayte Garcia was one of his many loves, but she became his wife. Were it not for some circumstances, Mayte might still be my stepmother and perhaps I would have half-siblings. I find it strange to think of Mayte as my father's wife - after all, she was only three years older than me.

— Prince was very excited to be a father  — Winnie began softly. —Never mention Mayte or their baby. This is a taboo subject.

— Why? — I asked, looking at him. —They split up, I understand, but he has contact with former lovers and ...

— It's complicated  — Winnie admitted. — You don't talk to Manuela about it either. It's risky.

—Is Prince going to get furious?— I asked, and raised an eyebrow. Well, it was a delicate matter. I liked Manni, she was kind and fun, but I soon found out that she was the one who broke Prince and Mayte's marriage. I didn't approve of it, but if I attacked Manuela, there would be a proper row. I don't know if Prince would be on my side.

—No problem — I replied, and glanced outside again. Prince had Emmeline in his arms and he and Kirk walked back to Paisley. Kirk said something to him and Prince looked up. Seeing me in the window, he smiled and waved at me. Then he whispered something to Emi who was also grinning and waving madly with both hands. I smiled at them and blew a kiss.

—They're back — I said, and Winnie nodded. I started towards the stairs, wanting to go downstairs and greet them. While I was there, I saw my daughter running towards me shouting happily: