⚤ Father is always right ⚤

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Cherica's POV

Manuela turned off the TV and rested her head on her shoulder. I was sitting next to her; I raised an eyebrow and asked:

— You don't watch this report? I thought that...

— You better think — Manni smiled at me and tapped my elbow. — Don't you feel like having fun?

—Have fun?— I asked. — Depends how fun it is. As you know, you like variety, and our little adventure with Jack Daniels did not find recognition with Prince ...

—Maybe I'm with your father, but that doesn't mean I'll be sitting here politely because he wants to — Manuela frowned. — Okay, we got a good understanding of what a success was, because not every Prince girl could stand it. You don't even know, Cher, what a challenge it is to be his woman.

—I guess — I muttered. —Only if you want to drink again, I refuse. It might have happened once, but there's no way it's been more common.

—It's logical, girl.— Manni lifted the corner of her mouth. — Sometimes you have to allow yourself a little madness. I'm not an alcoholic, of course, otherwise your daddy would send me either to rehab or to the street with a suitcase.

— You went overboard with that suitcase ...

—Not at all.— Manni looked quickly at the door, as if afraid someone would come in here. — Vanity, do you remember her?

— Of course, she is a beautiful woman.

—Now she is said to be a staunch Christian— Manuela rolled her eyes. —But once, when she was young. You know, the 1980s is a crazy time, and Denise and Prince, apart from working together, became addicted. Mutual dependence on each other. They had a short but tumultuous romance. Prince was already drinking in moderation then, but Denise was pushing hard. When he found out she was drinking a lot, he wanted her to cut down on it.One time, Denise had a photo session and she stayed in an flat rented by Prince. Then Prince again demanded that she limit alcohol, she laughed at him and demanded that he endure celibacy for a year and possibly satisfy sexually alone.

I did big eyes.

— She had a sharp tongue — I noticed. — Did Prince ... punch her for that?

—No — Manni muttered and looked at her fingernails. —He just walked over to the closet, grabbed her things that she had unpacked in half, put them in the suitcase, and threw them out onto the street. Denise called him crazy, but he grabbed her arm and got rid of her as well. Her coat and shoes were thrown out the window.

— Only because she laughed at his demand ...

— Yes. But for the best now, Denise was standing by the window, screaming for him to hand over the whiskey bottle. Do you know what your father did then?