⚤ U have to live on ⚤

Prince's POV

When I got home I turned off the engine and stared at the steering wheel for a long moment.

It is foolish to say that time heals all wounds. Time will never heal the wounds someone feels as a result of the loss of a loved one. You can learn to live with it, just like that.

I sighed and pushed my hair back. Was my life easier now, almost a year after Cherica' death? Of course not, but I couldn't allow myself to feel sorry for myself. I had a reason at home - it was my beautiful five-year-old granddaughter.

When I thought about this child, I felt so much love and warmth. I loved my whole family, I loved Manni, but nothing compares to my affection for this little girl.

Over the past few months, me and Emi have grown so close that it has been hard for us to live a few minutes without each other. She missed me so much when I had to go to a concert or concentrate at work in a recording studio. And soon a new tour was waiting for me.

The thought of having to leave her for a whole month terrified me. I would like to work from home and look after my babygirl, but it was impossible. My profession required total commitment, which was once so easy and which made me very happy. But now my priorities have changed.

Ever since I got my daughter and granddaughter back, they have been the light of my life. I had the impression that only now I am satisfied. The most beautiful was yet to happen. Cherica and I were very keen on our bond and if it weren't for a certain haunted motherfucker my daughter would be with me today.

But it wasn't, and I had to be strong for Emmeline and Manni, but mostly for Emmeline. Manuela also loved Emi very much and was something of a mother to her. Of course, Emi was talking about Cheric, that's normal, and I did my best to keep the memory of my daughter alive.

I looked at the back of the car, where the purple urn lay. Cherica's ashes rested where her mother and I had conceived her.

To be honest, I want to find peace. I knew it would be impossible if I didn't forgive Liz. My anger at her seemed smaller, but still felt. I just want to think she was just sick, because no one normally does that.

After I got out and closed the car door, I headed towards Paisley. The weather was fine and I thought maybe I could take Emi for a little drive. We could go to ... I just don't know. To my sister, to my mother or father?

Then, ironically, I thought of Susannah Melvoin. I don't think my ex-women will ever give me peace of mind. Wendy mentioned that Sus had recently asked about me. Sus probably understood my situation now more than ever - she had become a mother less than three months ago.

On this occasion, I sent her a set of beautiful clothes for the girl, and Emi painted a cute teddy bear for this child. Susannah was touched by the gift from my little girl and she often asked about her when we spoke on the phone.

Yes, that's a good idea. I'm gonna go home, eat something, and take Emi to Susannah.

When I walked into Paisley I took off my fedora - my receptionist Grace nodded to me and Kirk was already walking towards me.

— Boss, you're here — Kirk said. — Emi is asking for you.

— As always — I rolled my eyes. — Was she polite?

—If I'm honest, yes — Kirk smiled. —You know how much energy this child has.

—All too well — I sighed and, tapping him on the shoulder, walked towards the elevator. Manni and Emi are probably in the children's room. When I was on the first floor and the door opened, I saw something I disagreed with - Emi was driving the baby scooter up the floor and Manni was watching her.