Chapter 3

Re-edit: 1/26/21

The next day Danny wakes up thinking what happened yesterday was just a bizarre dream until he looks around at his surroundings to see he was in a fancy bedroom. Danny slept on a large tan and grey king size bed. Also in the bedroom is a ceiling fan, a couple of lamps and nightstand, a grey recliner, and a black coach.

"So I am in another world," Danny thought as he yawns and stretches his body. "I better go to Eli,"

Danny makes himself invisible and phases back to Eli's apartment and into his room. He sees Eli putting a notebook and textbook into his backpack. Eli wore a purple shirt, blue jeans, white socks, and black shoes. Danny looks around for anybody else, and he becomes visible.

"Eli," said Danny

Eli looks up to see Danny floating above his bed "oh hey Danny,"

"So you're going to school?"

"Yeah, I would love to stay here at home with you, but my dad would kill me if I skip school,"

"I understand,"

"So what are you going to do for the day while I'm gone?"

"I guess I could fly around the city invisible and check it out,"

"Cool,"

"Eli, are you ready to go!" Eli dad shouted

"Yes, dad, I'm coming," Eli turned back to Danny. "I'll see you later, Danny,"

Eli left his room, and a few minutes later, Danny saw Eli from the bedroom window getting on a school bus, and the bus drove off.

"Alright, time for some exploration," Danny thought as he made himself invisible again and phased out of the apartment.

Danny flies up in the air and sees the whole of the city. Danny notices a building that stands out from the rest, and he decides to check it out. Danny looks at a building that has a large planet on top of it; the planet had a golden color and a ring around it with lettering with a name on it that says "DAILY PLANET,"

"Daily planet, I wonder what this building is about? Better ask Eli later," Danny thought.

Danny continues to fly around the city, even sneakily grabbing a grilled chilly dog with mustard. Danny spots another building that caught his attention. The building had a sign that said "LexCorp," and above it was a green Hexagon with a black L in its middle.

"For some strange reason, I got a bad feeling about this building. I should fly away from it," Danny thought as he flew away from the building.

Danny then decides to sit down at the city park bench and looks around at the people minding their own business and enjoying themselves at the park.

Danny smiles "it's nice to be in the human world again. I've been in the ghost zone too long,"

Danny gets up and flies up "time to get back to Eli,"

As Danny flew back to Eli's apartment, he heard a cry for help. He looks down to see a redhead businesswoman holding a purse getting mugged by a short and bald man in a blue and white stripe tracksuit in an alleyway with no witness. He is holding a revolver to her gut and putting his hand on her mouth to shut her up.

Danny sighs. "I'm not a hero anymore, but I not gonna let this poor woman get mugged,"

Danny flies down to the mugging and quickly sneaks behind the mugger, still invisible.

"Now give me the damn purse, or you're going to feel a lot of pain, and you're going to have a close casket funeral," said the mugger

Danny whistles causing the criminal to turn around. Danny knocks him out with one punch, and Danny quickly flies off. The businesswoman looks for the person who saved her, but she doesn't see the person who knocks out the mugger. She promptly pulled out her phone and called the police.

"Good, now back to Eli's apartment," Danny thought.

Danny flew back to Eli's bedroom and made himself visible again. He sat down on the bed and waited for Eli. Danny waited for one hour until Eli came to his bedroom and went to Danny, looking distressed.

"Danny, I need your help," said Eli

"Well, hello to you Eli, what's the problem, Eli?" said Danny

Eli's stomach rumbles, "crap, I'm starving. C'mon, follow me to the kitchen,"

"What about your parents?"

"They're not at home. They'll be back in an hour or two,"

Danny shrugs and fellow Eli to the kitchen. Eli goes to the fridge and grabs a banana, and he quickly eats it.

"So what the problem?" said Danny

"See, a bunch of bullies at my school overheard my friend and me were talking about the magical book, and...,"

"And what?"

"And when they ruin our lunch, I bet that I could summon a monster on them, and one of them took that bet, and if I don't do it, then they'll pants in front of the school,"

Danny sighs. "Eli, why did you agree to that stupid bet,"

"I know it what stupid for me to talk about the book and make that bet, but I need your help, please,"

"what about getting me back home that more important to me,"

"yes, I know, but this a small flavor, and I won't do this again, I promise,"

Danny thinks for a moment and sighs. "Alright; I'll help,"

"Really, thanks, Danny,"

"Yeah, I know what it's like to be bullied before. Besides, I could use some fun," Danny Grin.

Eli grin as well "awesome,"

"Now let' come up with a plan,"