Chapter 21

In the ghost zone, Danny is ready to go to Metropolis, but there is one problem Danny is facing at the moment.

"C'mon Cujo, I have to go," said Danny as he made a portal to Metropolis with Cujo behind him. Cujo barked at Danny and wagged his tail. "Cujo, you can't go with me. Metropolis is different and way bigger than Amity Park.

Cujo began to pout and give Danny the puppy eyes "oh no, that's not going to work on me, Cujo why don't you wait for me when I get back from Metropolis, okay boy,"

Danny pats the dog on the head before going into the portal but not noticing Cujo follows Danny behind when the portal closes. Cujo was about to go after Danny, but something caught his sight. It was A large truck carrying tons of steak driving down the street. Cujo turns invisible, and he chased after the truck, hoping to get some steak. Meanwhile, Danny begins to patrol the city and hears screams a few miles away from him and starts to fly to the source of the scream, but then someone flies beside him.

"Hey Superman," said Danny

"Hello Danny, do you know what's going on?" said Superman

"No idea,"

Superman and Danny arrive at the park, seeing a large pale-skinned zombie in a rotten suit rampaging in the park.

"Who is this guy?" said Danny

"Solomon Grundy, an undead villain that causes trouble for the league a couple of times in the past. It seems that he resurrect again," said Superman

"Again? how many times did this guy resurrect?"

"So many times I lost count, but it's time to stop his rampage,"

"You got it,"

Danny and Superman fly down to the park with Solomon Grundy ripping a tree out of the ground. The zombie is about to smash the tree onto a police officer. Danny manages to move the cop out of the way and put him at a safe distance.

"What are you doing here, Grundy?" said Superman

"Doing a job," said Solomon

"What job?"

"Not going to tell you," Solomon then punches Superman with his free hand in the face knocking him into a park bench.

"Alright, I got to be careful around this guy," Danny thought as he flies up and fires a ghost ray at the back of Grundy's head.

Grundy turns his attention to Danny "there he is," Grundy thought as he chucks the tree at Danny, who phases through the tree.

Superman gets back into the fight tackling Solomon to the ground and tries to restrain the zombie. However, Grundy kicks Superman off of him and grabs him, throwing him up in the air. Superman quickly recovers and flies next to Danny.

"So this is going to be tough," said Danny

"Yep," said Superman

"Face me, you cowards!" Grundy shouted down below on the ground

"What's the plan?" said Danny

"We take him down fast and before he gets any stronger," said Superman

"Got it," the two heroes fly down and stop Solomon Grundy.

Meanwhile, Cujo manages to catch up to the steak truck and phases through grabbing a big t-bone steak and goes to the alleyway he chows down on the steak. After he is done eating the steak, he sees a yellow ball next to a trash can, and he starts to play with it until he hits the ball, causing it to roll down a hill, and Cujo starts chasing after it, and the ball rolls toward the park. Back to Danny and Superman fighting Grundy, Superman uses his laser to try to blind Solomon, only blinding him in the left eye. At the same time, Danny uses his ice power to freeze Solomon's legs to the ground.

Out of pure strength, Solomon breaks out of Danny Ice and punches Danny in the ribs, making him fall to the ground then Grundy deals with Superman.

Danny begins to pick himself up until his ghost sense sets off "oh no, a ghost right now," he thought, then a yellow ball bounces off his ankle. Danny looks down to see Cujo running toward the ball, then to Danny. "Cujo, why are you here?" only for Cujo to bark in delight at seeing Danny.

Grundy slams Superman down on the ground and then stumps on him a few times before turning his attention back to Danny, who is trying to get the dog away from the scene.

"Time to die," said Grundy cracking his knuckles

Danny looks back at the zombie. "Yeah, news flash, I'm already dead," Cujo, beside him, growled at Grundy.

Grundy looks a the pup and laughs, "what are you going to do with that pathetic mutt,"

Cujo begins to get angry. "I wouldn't make him angry, Grundy,"

"Please, what's that green freak animal going to do me,"

Cujo grew in size from a small pup into a large savage dog and looked at Grundy and snarled at the zombie.

"I told you," said Danny

Cujo pounces on Grundy and begins to tear him apart like a large chew toy. Grundy tries to fight back, but Cujo manages to rip off Grundy's arms, his left leg, and then his head which Cujo spits the head out.

"Alright, boy, that's enough," said Danny in a commanding voice to Cujo. The dog looks at Danny, and he shrinks back down to his pup form and comes to Danny barking happily, "well, you did a good job of taking care of that zombie. I guess I would forgive you,"

"I'm guessing that's your dog?" said Superman coming up to Danny with some of his costume ripped

"Technically, yes, Superman meets Cujo," said Danny then Cujo happily barks at Superman.

"How often does Cujo turn into that large angry dog?"

"Not that often, only if something ticks him off in this case, Grundy,"

"Why is he here?"

"He followed me from the ghost zone. Don't worry; he'll going right back after this,"

"Good," then Superman looks down at the remains of Grundy then sees something on the right pocket of Grundy's suit. Superman goes to Grundy body and sees a tiny camera on it "hm, someone was watching us fight Grundy, and I think may have an idea on who,"

Over at Lexcorps at Lex Luther's main office, Luther stops the video on his Tv once Superman spots his camera on Grundy.

"The plan went half as well if Superman and that freak of a dog didn't interfere," Luther thought. Then he turned to another person in the room, "got any idea on this, Danny?"

The other person in the room is a bald man with a mustache with some lab clothes, with a missing left arm. "From what we gather from the occult and other sources, that young man might be the infamous Ghost king,"

"Ghost king, how ridiculous Mr. West for that child to be any sort of king,"

"It's true, Mr. Luther, that kid is the ghost king, and he is very powerful,"

"Okay, if I buy into this, how do I stop him?"

"My team and I would come up with weaponry that can wipe him off the face of the earth."

"Then get to work on it. I don't want this upstart to ruin my future plan to get rid of Superman,"

"Yes, sir," and the scientist walks out of Luther's lab.