Bumblebees and tea

I looked outside and the sun was slowly rising, I stood up and just before I left Luca's study I looked back

"We will figure this out together"

..........................................................................................................

T H E O D O R A

Slowly opening my eyes, the sun was slowly rising. I rolled over weakly to see it was 5 am which was strange since I haven't gotten up this early in a while. I tried to pull myself out of bed but everything was aching. As soon as my feet touched the wooden floors I let out a hiss, it was freezing. I trudged towards the bathroom, deciding that a hot shower should help me warm up.

I began my usual routine, removing my clothes as you do and the various bandages and plasters that were scattered across my body. Once again I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was not so surprisingly horrified by what I saw. There were dark circles under my eyes that were accentuated by my even paler complexion.

I spent no less than twenty minutes in the shower and to no avail, I could not warm up. I bundled myself up in a jumper and a hoody with some sweatpants and fluffy socks. Maybe if I ate I wouldn't feel so weak and tired I contemplated. I walked at a snail's pace to the kitchen, I think it took me at least ten years to make it there. I was surprised to see that no one else was up, I would've assumed that Luca, Matteo, and Gabriel would've had to work today since they worked yesterday.

I hobbled over to the kettle to make some tea and grabbed some cheerios from the cupboard. It hurt to move too much, everything was aching and the fact I was shivering didn't help the situation either. I grabbed the blanket hanging off the side of the couch and wrapped it around myself. I stood near the kettle, munching on my cereal waiting for the golden brown heaven to grace me. When I was little, before Steven was in the picture I could always remember my Mom making me a big cup of tea when I wasn't feeling well, that and soup and toast because I usually couldn't stomach anything else.

The sweet memory brought a small smile to my lips, which soon vanished when someone yet again scared me half to death.

"What are you doing up so early?" I jumped but luckily didn't spill any of my cereal, I slowly turned to see Christian. I'm not as nervous around him as he has quite a calm aura.

"Oh I-I'm sorry I was cold and thought maybe some tea would help" He started walking towards me, taking long strides. Just as he was a foot in front of me I inched back until I no longer could, my back was met with the edge of the countertop. I'm rethinking my earlier statement, Christian, while he appears calm and collected also has the build of someone who definitely workouts every minute of the day, every day. Not to mention he stands a good two heads taller than me.

"Are you okay? you don't look very well" The concern in his eyes surprised me, probably because it contradicted his physical appearance. That is why I never like to judge anyone by their appearance, I didn't even judge Steven when he first showed up as much as I hate to admit that.

He brushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm f-fine just woke up feeling a little achy and cold, probably just from all the walking yesterday" I'm still nervous around my brothers, I never knew what to expect at Mom's with Steven, so being somewhere new I have no idea what to expect here either.