Spiralling

It was a photo

A photo of my brothers and I at the beach from earlier that day. Not only was there a photo but there was a message too.

"Enjoy this while you can Darling because I promise you it won't last forever"

What do I do now? 

·················································

T H E O D O R A

I threw my phone onto my bed and ran to the bathroom. What do I do? This can't be happening, This isn't real I'm just imagining it.

I took a couple of minutes to steady my breathing otherwise I was heading in the direction of a full-blown panic attack that I wasn't particularly in the mood to have. It was almost dinner time and I needed to act calm until I decide what to do. 

I don't want to tell my brothers because that is just another burden for them and what if it is just someone pulling a prank. 

You know this isn't someone pranking you this is him

"Shut up! shut up!" I yelled as I pulled at my hair, my mind and logic was too much to handle at times. 

I stared into the mirror for what seemed like an eternity mulling over my options. 

Then, unexpectedly, someone placed their hand on my shoulder, I let out a shriek of fear and surprise as I turned around to see Gabriel with his hands up in surrender and a worried expression on his face. 

"Easy there pipsqueak it's only me" I cursed myself for letting my old habits get the better of me and sent a small smile Gabriel's way. 

"Sorry, Gabe I wasn't paying attention you just s-scared me" I spoke nervously. 

"That's alright, I was just checking if you were awake and then to get you for dinner" He took a couple of steps forward and pulled me in for a hug. 

"Sorry for scaring you" He pulled back and looked at me once more, 

"Is something else bothering you? why were you thinking about before I came in?" I internally panicked, I apparently don't hind my emotions well. Either that or Luca can just read me extremely well. 

"J-Just today, talking with Dante" Again I told a half-truth, I was also thinking of how I finally spoke and patched things up with Dante but I haven't decided what to do about the texts.

"Oh yeah, okay well you hungry? Matteo cooked tonight since the cook was off sick" As Gabriel continued on about Matteo's roast chicken and how it can be dry sometimes I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding in. For now, it seems as though Gabe has bought onto the Dante thing, for now at least. 

 Once we were all seated and eating dinner I got lost in my own head once again. No surprise I was worrying about the newest text message and the photo, he was watching me, watching us. He most likely knows where I live now, why isn't he in prison? How is he out?  Is he going to take me away? no, no my brother's won't let that happen, they told me I'm safe now. I don't want to go anywhere anymore he'll probably snatch me when no one is looking then he is going to bring me back, back hell I can't let that happen, I can't I can't I -