Healing

"I'm good I want to get it off my chest, I want to start fresh. Just promise me one thing." I looked up at all of them, hope and fear in my eyes.

"Anything Tesoro" They nodded in agreement with Leo.

"Don't leave me"

·····························································

T H E O D O R A

"Theo, love, we are not going anywhere and neither are you do you hear me? Whether you like it or not we are sticking around" Matteo out of all people reassured me and that just cemented my decision to tell them the truth, the whole truth.

"Okay, I'm ready" I took a deep breath ready to let all hell break loose, I know some of my brothers will be upset and others will be furious.

I admitted I was ready but once I opened my mouth to speak no words came out, I didn't know where to start.

"It's okay, we're here for you love" Christian sat beside me and I instantly curled into his side, breathing in his warm and familiar scent.

"What were the punishments, Theo?" Luca brought up that dreaded topic once again not without hesitation which I made out in his eyes. However, I gave him a small smile to let him know it was okay to ask me that after all, they are only concerned for my wellbeing.

"He u-used to physically abuse me as well as mentally, mum- I mean Lorie was always high or drunk so she didn't care I don't even think she noticed when he was hit me around in front of her. At first it was only a few smacks across my face when I got in his way or something silly but then I became his scapegoat for all of his anger and frustration" I fiddled with the hem of my blanket as I spoke. Christian held me tight into his side, this made me feel protected.

"I don't know if Luca told you guys but my ribs and ankle were really sore so I had Dr Perkins check them out because I didn't want what happened with my arm to happen again." They all glared at Luca so he obviously didn't tell them.

"Why what happened to your ribs and ankle Thea?" Dante asked nervously.

"My ribs just suffered a rough beating that's all, again I must've just looked at him funny when I came home from school and he, h-he had one of those knuckle rings and I had to cover my head so my ribs were vulnerable." I sighed, a few tears slipped down my red cheeks.

"There was one time the week before I moved to live with you guys that he got annoyed at me and he shoved me, unfortunately the stairs were behind me and I tripped down a couple of steps hitting the wall, I must've landed funny on my ankle because it was aching all the time after that on and off." I shrugged while looking down at my hands, unable to make eye contact with any of them.

"Theo hun" Luca called,

"Theo look at me please" I slowly glanced upwards to see all of my brothers staring intently at me tears in their eyes.

"Did he ever,-" He took a deep breath, oh god please don't, please don't ask me

"Did he ever r-rape you?" The one question I hoped they wouldn't ask, I looked down and nodded.

"FUCK" Matteo shouted, I flinched at the sudden noise so Christian held onto me tight whispering soothing words in my ear.

I looked up tears streaming down my face, sobs racked my small frame. Dante was pacing the room ready to punch something and Matteo looked like a gasket ready to blow. Leo and Gabriel were a mess and I could see Luca was close to his breaking point, I didn't want to upset them