The Salty air

"I'll be doing the same to Leo because you both got suspended and I never gave your punishments for that!" I could hear his faint laugh which caused me to chuckle after him.

This has been a long fucking day

······················································

T H E O D O R A 

I laid there staring aimlessly at the white ceiling above me. I had watched the sun slowly rise at 6:57 but for most of the time I was awake, it was dark. I feel like my mind has been like a sunrise. I spend a lot of my time thinking in the dark, but I spend some slow, rare, and beautiful moments in a sunrise.  

Luca wasn't there this morning, he said he would stay with me but he didn't. Be realistic Theo he probably had better things to do. He wouldn't have minded, yes he would have you're causing chaos. I tried to shut my mind off, the nagging doubt in my mind was too loud. 

I rolled over and it was now eight in the morning, I'm usually downstairs by now but I can't seem to find the will to pull myself up and out of bed. I'm comfortable, I'm safe here. 

I didn't really have any thoughts at this moment, just doubts, painful and sharp doubts.

Dante

He was on my mind, did he hate me now? Was he angry at me? I know Luca wasn't mad at me but since he didn't stay I'm beginning to question everything. What if they just tell me things I want to hear to pacify me?

I rolled back around to face the wall. I didn't want to face the day ahead I had no energy left in me. 

Two knocks sounded at the door, I didn't reply. 

"Theo?" Gabriel called out, but again, I didn't answer. 

"Theo?" With that he came in, concern most definitely overthrowing the concept of privacy. 

Once seeing me safe and sound in bed he relaxed. 

"Theo? time to wake up" He spoke softly as he sat at the edge of my bed, looming over my 'sleeping figure' but was surprised when he saw me awake. 

"Hey, why didn't you answer me when I knocked?" I only managed a small shrug. 

"What's wrong Tesoro?" He cooed, stroking my forehead, the action almost sending me back to sleep since last night's was non-existent.  

Words seemed to be too heavy at that moment in time so I sought out a simple excuse. 

"I'm just tired, didn't sleep well" A partial truth, those at which I am an expert at. 

"Do you want to sleep more or get some breakfast? You can always nap later I'm sure you're hungry, you didn't eat dinner yesterday" Gabriel reminded me and so did my stomach when it let out a loud and demonic sound. 

"I guess you just answered me." He laughed.

Gabriel pulled back my covers and held his hand out for me to take, so far Gabriel has been nothing but kind to me, helping me at every chance he gets and always has a sunny persona about him.