THEA

I was brought back to reality with a shaky and nervous voice.

"Theo?" I paused and slowly turned around to face...

"Dante?" 

······················································

D A N T E 

I was out all night just driving, blasting music through the speakers trying to block out the immense guilt that was consuming me. 

I couldn't get that look she had on her face out of my head...fear

She was terrified of me and I don't blame her. I let my emotions get the better of me and now I have to deal with the fallout. 

I heard Leo was going to take her to the beach and make a day out of it with everyone. So there I was at the crack of dawn pacing back and forth in my room. I shouldn't go, she'll only be uncomfortable and scared around you. But you also can't avoid her forever and you miss her already.

I laughed at my inner thoughts, that child has no doubt brought out a softer side in all of us, even Matteo although he probably wouldn't admit it, I myself are like him I'd only ever admit it to Theo herself. 

She doesn't even realize that she has us wrapped around her pinky finger, she is so polite and kind and is always thinking of others, she is the most selfless person I've ever met. Even with all of the shit she has been through she is like a ray of sunshine, she is our sunshine and right now I am without that warm and happy glow in my life and it is no one's fault but my own. 

After almost burning a hole in the ground from my constant pacing I made up my mind, I wasn't going to ruin her day. 

· · ·

"Are you sure you're not coming, Dante? You know she'll be wondering where you are" Luca raised his eyebrows at me as he tied his shoelaces. 

"I scared her Luca and I'm not going to ruin this day for her, if I'm there she'll only be wary of me and I'm not letting that happen, I'm not going to r-ruin this day for her" I stuttered at the end, letting my oldest brother hear my shaky voice, I myself was terrified, terrified that my little sister, my ray of sunshine would be scared of me forever. 

"Well you know where we're going if you change your mind" With that said Luca left, I could hear them all pile out the door and I stood in front of my window, watching them drive out the gates and down the road. 

I walked around the house, the quiet was almost suffocating on top of my spiraling thoughts. 

Five minutes, that is how long I lasted before calling myself an idiot and grabbing my car keys. I knew what beach they went to it was the one we always went to when we were all younger. 

I pulled up in the space beside Leo's car and there I saw her. She was at the edge of the sand letting the waves move back and forth washing over her feet. I saw Luca walk back towards the rest of the guys who were lounging around on a picnic blanket. I ignored them and made a beeline for Theo. 

She hadn't noticed I was there yet, she was too entranced. 

"Theo" My nerves were shot, it took a minute before she replied.