Saved (Pt.1)

The second morning in which Maya could peacefully enjoy more than 10 minutes just snuggling up with her beautiful Italian girlfriend before one of them or both leave for work. It felt good having her all day just for herself like she always dreamed of. The thing with Jo kinda fully disappeared from her thoughts.. it happened and it was something she couldn't change so she put her trust into her girlfriend and decided on holding tight onto her little family instead of throwing it all away.

When Carina tried to stand up to make breakfast for them also feeding the dogs Maya pulled her back into the bed.
„You're not going nowhere babe!" she said embracing Carina.

„You're right bella.. it feels good to spent time with you without stressing about work." she gave Maya a kiss „I love you. This family is the best thing that could happen to me!"

She began to gently stroke Maya's arm and then slowly she led her hand along Maya's body up to her chest, later to her face, where she stopped and looked into Maya's beautiful eyes, which always enchanted her. She held Maya's jaw and slowly brought her lips up to those of the blonde.

They kept spending 20-30 more minutes together enjoying it. Since they stayed longer in bed they first had to go with the dogs and have breakfast when they're back from the walk.

Today was their Girlfriend vs. Girlfriend day, which they have since they moved in together. The perfect time for Carina to show that she can be better than her hot firefighter girlfriend.

This time Maya chose the games they'll play. While Carina was getting two glasses of wine for them, Maya prepared their first game.

„I hope you know that you're always one step ahead today since I have no idea which games you chose. You probably trained at the station.." Carina said teasingly laughing at Maya.

Maya ignored that comment and started to place 3 glasses next to each other a little further away she placed 3 glasses next to each other again and then she got 6 little balls.

„Okay come over here. So babe all we have to do is bounce the ball into the cup. First to get all 3 wins the first game."

Carina got excited „Yeah okay chiaro, I mean understood."

With Maya's go they started letting one ball bounce from the table into the cup but none of them hit the cup. They both started to get even more excited and stressed until Maya made the first score after their fourth shot. Two shots later Carina hit one cup and in the meantime Maya made her second one in. The next one went in for Carina again and when Maya missed her cup Carina bounced her last one in and won.

She started jumping around and screamed „yes yes yes the luck is on my side this time bella!"

Maya needed two more shots to bounce the last ball in and then she looked over to her girlfriend still dancing around and shook hands.

Carina leaned over to Maya getting a good luck kiss before they started the second game, she grabbed Maya's waist and pulled her closer just when she was about to kiss Maya her girlfriend pulled back and two seconds later she leaned over to Carina to kiss her „Good luck baby. I'm gonna win the second one!"

And just as she said she won the second game. While Maya walked the dogs Carina made dinner ready so they can eat before they continue their games.

When they finished it was up to the last game.
„Maya wait you still didn't tell me what the loser has to do."

„Hmm let's say the winner deserves a good massage." she said lifting her eyebrows. Carina just smirked at her.

Maya put 6 cups next to each other on the table with the opening facing her and glued the end to the table so that they wouldn't slip away.

„Okay babe we have 60 seconds and we have to blow the balls into the cups. Whoever hits more in 60 seconds wins tonight. Do you want to start?"

Carina nodded. Placed one ball in front of her face on the table she started blowing but she didn't succeed the first times. When the timer was over she only scored 4.

Now it was Maya's turn and she was ready to win since Carina won the last times. She started blowing the first one and it went straight in. Then the second and the third. She stopped when she scored one more than Carina. They looked at the timer and she still had 35 seconds left. Clear win for Maya and she got so happy jumping around, lifting Carina up and giving her a kiss.

„Yes babe, finally. Lost the last times I needed to win today.. kinda missed it." she said laughing.

„You were brilliant in the last one! You deserve it bella." Carina said getting happy seeing her girlfriend happy.

„Okay let's go for the last walk and then I will give you the massage you deserve!" Carina said grabbing the leashes.

The next morning:
This morning was different. Instead of waking up because Carina gives her a kiss or hugs her when she wakes up Maya woke up with a little bit of panic at 4am in the morning.

Because of all the years at the station her nose already smelled fire before others could. It was as if she could feel the fire. She stood up looking around but she knew the fire wasn't here.

„Hey everything alright? What happened?" Carina asked standing up walking over to Maya.

„There is a fire somewhere. It's not here so I am looking around where it comes from.."

„Maya ... I know you miss work and taking days off isn't one of your strengths but maybe you just had a dream come back into bed."

Maya walked into the living room so that she could see better and Carina put on some warm clothes got Maya some too and followed her. Not much later she saw smoke coming out of the windows of the house across the street.

„How is it possible none of the neighbors noticed the fire... call 911." Maya said taking two scarfs with her while she ran over to the house. Carina did exactly what Maya told her while she followed Maya.

„They need at least 15 minutes until they arrive Maya."

„That's too long if there's is someone in the house." Maya started shouting to see if someone answers or if she hears someone in the house but she didn't get an answer. Three minutes have passed and the fire slowly got bigger and bigger.

When she heard a woman coughing she made an impulsive decision she wrapped a scarf around her nose and mouth and kicked the door down.
When Carina realized what Maya was up to „No. No Maya stop..!" she wanted to hold Maya back but her girlfriend ran in. She ran along the fire looking left and right for the woman who had coughed.

The fire got bigger, wooden beams fell from the roof, which fell just barely along Maya's body, but she kept looking for the woman. Carina was in fear and panic, she called after Maya and slowly the neighbors also woke up and approached Carina. When she saw some bars falling down her fear and concern for her girlfriend became even bigger..

Maya started coughing too but she still tried to find the woman who was in the house. It didn't take her long after that until she found her. She lifted her up bridal style and carried her outside the house. She could already hear the firefighters and the ambulance.

It was a release for Carina to see her girlfriend outside the house without any injuries. She ran over to hug Maya when the woman whispered „Chloe.. where is Chloe. Have you found Chloe ? My daughter where is she?"

Maya didn't wait for the firetruck she ran back into the building and Carina started worrying again. Wooden beams fell down again and Carina's heart started aching.. she knew something happened, especially when Bambi started barking .. waiting for the moment to run in.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Notes:
Yes unfair ending but next chapter comes on Tuesday 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry for any grammar or sense mistake .. writing with breaks s*cks.