Saved (pt.2) / Memories

Notes:
Be prepared it's gonna have a lot of Maya and her past (like 70-80% of the story..)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment the trucks arrived, Bambi ran into the burning house barking as loud as she could trying to find Maya. She saw Maya lying under a bar, without hesitation she first pushed her head and then her body between the beam/bar and Maya. When the bar was finally gone she tried everything to wake Maya up again and she knew that her mom is a fighter. She kept giving her mom kisses.

She managed to wake Maya up and while she was weak but conscious, the team downstairs was still considering how to proceed. "I won't leave without her Bambi so let's find her!" she said with a heavy breath.

Bambi sniffed left and right and a short time later they found the little girl. With her last strength Maya lifted the little one up and shouted "Well done! Now get us out of here my girl." Bambi barked looking at her mom and then showed Maya the way out of the house without anything happening to them. When she got to the door and just wanted to take a step outside, the fire fighters were already running towards her helping her with the little girl.

Carina felt the tension in her body easing as she ran to Maya and embraced her girlfriend with tears running down her face.

„You're a hero but don't do that again bella...at least when you aren't working. There is so much that could happen to you and that just makes me anxious!" she knelt in front of bambi and added „You are the biggest hero. Thank you!"

„I know babe but that's my job and I mean imagine that being you or me with our daughter in that house..."

The idea of having a daughter together was beautiful. Carina really spend a few second on that taught before her thoughts got interrupted by Maya.

„Waiting for the firefighters could have made it worse. And I have 3 angels watching me. My body reacted I didn't have the time to think about what I was doing." Maya answered hugging Carina.

The doc's checked Maya before they started walking home as if nothing happened just a few minutes ago even though it still didn't let go off Carina. All those thoughts of negative stuff that could have happened to her in that house kinda brought her down. It was hard with Maya sometimes in the past.

The sun was slowly rising and she looked at her girlfriend and slowly reached out a hand to grab Maya's. When a light but cool breeze passed them it got a bit cold and they moved closer. When Carina looked into those ocean eyes she once again realized that she didn't want to ever lose Maya. They exchanged a glimpse and Carina smiled and lay her head on Maya's shoulders while they continued walking home. Maya squeezed her hand telling her how much she loves her and that she is happy to be by her side.

Carina opened the front door and immediately they felt the warmth and Maya could finally relax a bit, because even if she didn't want to show it on the way, she was quite exhausted and relieved that everything had gone well. Everyone who knew Maya knew she is a fighter and always tough, but Carina had gotten to know the real Maya and her soft and fragile side over time.

Maya made her way to the bathroom to take a shower and wash off all the load on her shoulder as she always did. Carina followed her slowly and with a distance, because she had noticed that it was harder for Maya today then the other days...she has seen Station 19 fighting bigger fires than this so it must have been something personal today that made it so hard for Maya. Carina knew exactly that her girlfriend could break down every second.

Maya walked in. She paused for a moment, took a deep breath, and leaned over the sink and did her best not to cry. Carina was standing in front of the door and suddenly felt something inside her body and she opened the door, walked over to Maya and took her into her arms "It's okay bella." and Maya needed exactly these words to simply let go of everything and no longer fight the pain. Her tears rolled down her cheeks and Carina and Maya slowly went to the floor. Every muscle in her body let loose because she trusted Carina, she knew Carina would always hold her and she knew it was okay to show that she was fragile and weak.