Is this how Marina ends?

Notes:

Just saying: JoJo - Too little too late 🎶 was all I had in my mind.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

Two weeks have passed and Carina slowly got along better with the fact that Jo is now also working at the hospital. Jo held back a lot and gave Carina the time she needed so that they maybe could become friends again ... but the more and often the two spent time together and talked to each other, the more her old feelings came up.

Lately Carina has been spending a little more of her Break time with Jo and not like she usually did with Maya on the phone. She was also working longer in the hospital so Maya decided to make her a little surprise. She remembered her girlfriend's wish to spend a few days alone in nature outside the city just the four of them as a little family.

She called the hospital this morning to ask for a permit, which she actually got. The place Maya had chosen wasn't very far away, so that they would still be ready to help out in emergencies.

After a long time it was another quiet day at the station. Maya asked Vic to help decorate the cottage and make it nice for later. They made their way to the cottage, taking Bambi and Simba with them and little details to make it feel as if they're at home.

Meanwhile Carina was helping another beautiful mother to bring another beautiful baby to the world.
Afterwards she went to the cafeteria to have a coffee and by chance Jo was there too. She walked over to Jo and sat at her table after she got herself a coffee.

„I am glad that things are slowly going to be the same for us.. uh, maybe you have time today, I need help after work and none of the others can." Jo said.

„I have been late home these last days and I actually miss the time to just relax with my family.." Carina answered. Jo didn't give up and after a while Carina gave in and told her she would stay but only if it wouldn't take too long.

Jo nodded and hugged her „thank you. You're the best! Gotta go now work is waiting.. enjoy your coffee." Carina finished the last sips of her coffee thinking about Maya and if she would get disappointed again.

At the cottage:
When Maya and Vic got a call from the station they jumped in the car and drove to the station as fast as they could. The shop 15 minutes far from the station was burning. They put on their clothes and rushed out joining the others. When they were done Andy asked Maya how it's going to work with her surprise.

„I went to the hospital and asked for permission so that's no problem now I only have to call Carina to see how long she works so I can surprise her at the hospital." she answered while pulling her cell phone out of her pocket.

Maya:
Babe? Are you going to work longer again just so I know if I should go out with Bambi and Simba and cook dinner for us. Miss you!

Carina:
I miss you too.. it's gonna be later but not that much I'm gonna help Jo with some stuff and then I will be home right on time to walk the dogs with you!
Ti amo bella.

When Maya was ready to leave after work she asked Vic to help her out with the last little details they couldn't finish earlier. Of course Vic was ready to help her. When they were done Vic offered to wait at the cottage until Maya comes back with Carina so that Maya wouldn't have to take Bambi and Simba with her.

„Are you sure? You don't have to I mean you already spent the whole day helping me out here."

„Honey.. I am doing better with Bambi and Simba just gift us time alone." Vic said pretty confident.