十四

"Everyone, are your preparations complete?! We're set to enter in no time!" Iida yelled as everyone sat in the waiting room.

"Damn, I really wanted to wear my costume," Mina whined.

"They're disallowed so as to even the playing field," Ojiro replied.

"Midoriya, Hidaka," came Todoroki's smooth voice. Kanna looked up, confused.

"What is it, Todoroki...?" Izuku trailed off, looking nervous.

"On an objective basis I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength," he said, more to Izuku. "You've managed to get All Might's eyes on you, right? I feel no need to pry into that, but...I'm going to beat you." He turned to Kanna. "Even if you have two quirks, I'll still rise above even you."

"Oho?! What's this? A declaration of war from one of the strongest kids in class?!!" Kaminari commented.

Kirishima approached Todoroki, putting his hand on his shoulder. "What's with the belligerence all of a sudden?! Don't spring this on him right before--"

"I'm not here to play nice and make friends, but whatever," Todoroki interrupted, waving his hand off of his arm.

'Not here to make friends?' Kanna thought, clenching her fists. 'Who the hell does he think he is?'

"I have no idea what you want from me...telling me all that...you're definitely stronger than me...I think the last majority of people are probably no match for you, looking at it objectively."

"C'mon Midoriya, don't be so negative..." Kirishima trailed off.

"Even so...!! Everyone--even kids from other departments are aiming for the top with all their might! So not even I...can just let myself lag behind the rest! So I'm going to go for it with all my might, too!"

And so, it was time for the sports festival to begin.

"IT'S THE FRESHMAN STAGE! AND THE STUDENTS ARE MAKING THEIR ENTRY NOW!!" Presentation Michael™️ announced as the crowd screamed with delight. "THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL!! WHERE THE HERO WORLD'S INCHOATE LITTLE EGGS AIM FOR EACH OTHERS THROATS--AND THE TOP! OUR GRAND YEARLY MELEE!! AND LET ME GUESS, ALL YOU MISCREANTS CAME TO SEE THEM, RIGHT?? THE FRESHLY FORMED MIRACLE STARS THAT SHRUGGED OFF A MASS VILLAIN ASSAULT WITH WILLS OF STEEL! THE DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS FRESHMAN CLASS!!!"

Class 1-A walked out, as well as the rest of the classes.

"AND FOLLOWING CLASS B, HERE COME CLASSES C, D, AND E FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL EDUCATION...!! AND NOW HERE ARE CLASSES F, G, AND H OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SUPPORT! NOW FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENTS..."

"Who-hoaa, so many people...!" Izuku breathed out.

"Can you draw out your best performance with so many eyes gazing from all directions...?!" Iida asked. "This too is another link on the academy's grand hero training scheme."

"Man, they're treating us like we're just their foils or something," a general department student commented.

"What a load..." another added.

"Now now, fair play!!" Interrupted Midnight.

"Hey, check it out! If it isn't the 18+ only heroine, Midnight! She's the chief referee for the freshman stage this year!" A hero in the crowd shouted.

"Where's the principal?" Asked another hero.

"As usual, he's overseeing the senior stage," a hero answered.

"Wait, did you say "18+ only"? Even though this is a high school? Is that really okay?" Tokoyami wondered.

"Silence. My tenure here is perfectly on level!! Now, player rep!! Kanna Hidaka of 1-A!!" Midnight announced. Everyone in the class froze. Knowing Kanna, she would say some stupid shit.