"You called, granny Tsunade?" An irk mark appeared on the woman's head at the girl's informality.

"Dammit, I told you and Naruto to stop calling me that!!!"

Kanna only shrugged, not bothering to take her outburst seriously.

With gritted teeth, the fifth Hokage continued.

"Anyways, I called you here for a mission. A solo mission, actually. And you'll be going as a jounin, not an anbu," she informed.

"Okay, what are the details?"

Tsunade pulled out a scroll, handing it to the girl.

"This scroll contains information in regards to your mission. Read it on the way to your destination, the land of lightning. Dismissed."

Giving an exaggerated salute, the girl poofed away to her apartment, gathering her travel bag with materials for the journey. The trip to the land of lightning would not be a short one.

"Hey, you leaving?" A pink haired girl called as Kanna made her way to the village gates.

"Yeah, to the land of lightning," she sighed, honestly not wanting to go so far away.

"Oh..." Sakura looked down at the ground sadly as she would be alone in the village for a while. Kanna gave the girl a soft smile in return.

"Don't worry Sakura, I'm sure Naruto will come home soon. And when he does, then we'll all go get Sasuke together!"

Having successfully lifted her previous teammate's mood, Sakura smiled back.

"I'll hold you to it, Kanna!"

With a determined nod, Kanna left the village, hoping that once she returned, Naruto would too.

----

Yawning, Kanna leaned against a tree trunk as she sat on a high branch. I was her third night of traveling. Once she had left she read through the mission details, ultimately groaning at it. It was such a simple mission, yet they sent her, an anbu captain. Why couldn't they have sent someone else? There were plenty of high ranking ninja on standby in the village. It was a C rank for Kami's sake!

Kanna stretched as she decided to hit the hay, now wanting to drag the mission on as long as possible just to spite the Hokage. It's not like it was urgent anyway, so any backlash would go to Granny Tsunade instead of her. She was risking her pay, though. But she made plenty as a high ranking anbu captain, so it honestly wasn't much of a loss.

Was she being petty? Yeah.

Was it childish of her? Oh most definitely.

Revenge was sweet. Well, unless you're Sasuke of course. Then revenge was a dream job.

Crack!

Kanna's eye twitched as she sensed several chakra presences. A group of rogue ninja, it seemed.

'Are they really dumb enough to not conceal their chakra? They're literally out in the open. How careless,' She thought. You'd think a whole group of them would be smart enough to at least try and hide themselves. Guess not.

'Welp, looks like I've gotta take them out then.'

Stealthily making her way through the trees, Kanna made it to the group of rogues. They all stood in a circle holding hands, doing some kind of...chant? They were surrounding a stone circle.

"Ummm, did I stumble into some type of cult shit?" She asked nonchalantly, standing atop a branch.

The rogues immediately broke their formation, pulling out weapons.