Meeting the Potters

Sirius POV

I finished packing my trunk and gave it to the servants.

I had just finished my last year of school at Henri IV, Frances most prestigious high school.

My mother had decided to send me off to England and meet the royal family since my father was ill and I'll soon have to be king. I wasn't exactly thrilled about it.

I walked downstairs from my room and went to the front door to say goodbye to my parents and brother before I left for 3 months.

"Bye Reggie, I'll write to you" i said before closing the door and going to the carriage.

I arrived at the docks an hour or so later and got onboard. Being royalty meant I travelled with a lot of servants.

A few hour later we arrived in Eastbourne. I got into another carriage and fell asleep.

I was woken up as I arrived into London. A few servants were dressing me and making me presentable for the Royal family.

We stopped and the gates to the palace opened. I stepped out of the carriage and walked up the the king and his family.

I was never keen on polite formalities but I still bowed for the king.

"Welcome Black. It has been a while since I've seen your father, i was a little surprised when he asked to send you here. This is my wife Euphemia and my son James. Please enjoy your stay here." The king, Fleamont, said before walking behind the curtains with his wife.

"Hey, I'm James" the prince said walking up to me.

"Hi, I'm Sirius" i replied a bit surprised of his use of commoner vernacular.

"Nice to meet you. I'll show you around" The Prince said before walking off. I quickly ran up to him and followed him.

We visited the east and north wing of the palace before we were called for dinner.

We ate with the king and he asked me about my school and my family. The conversation was short before his ministers stole his attention.

After dinner James let me visit the rest of the castle and showed me my room.

"So how'd you like it?" He asked sitting on my bedrooms desk.

"The palace? Well it's big and fancy. Reminds me of home"

"This place has never really felt like home. I have this smaller place up north where I play sports and have a big outdoors area with a forest. It's a lot of fun there but I haven't been in years since my father wants me to learn to how to run the country like him." James said moving to sit in the bay window.

"I understand mate. My father sent me here since he's sick and wants me to have good connections with the high power people. I just wish I could be like a commoner sometimes. I went to school with a few and they seemed much happier" i said laying down on the bed.

"We should go up north this summer. I'm sure I can invent an excuse for bringing you up there" James said.

"Really?! That'd be amazing!" I said sitting up.

We continued talking for hours and found a solid excuse to leave. James and I became quick friends and we had tons in common.

The next morning, we ate breakfast and then James asked his father.

"Father, i was thinking last night and I thought it would be a good idea if Sirius and I went up North. I could be in charge too so I get some practice and Sirius could see our vast amounts of property. It would only be for a month father." James asked.

Mr.Potter took a moment to think before stating. "Yes, you may go. But. You plan the entire trip and have a 2million budget for the month so spend it wisely"

James and I smiled quickly before earning a death glare from the Queen. We finished eating breakfast then James and I ran around in the palace laughing out of joy.

We started to pack up our things while James organized the trip. We end up with 20 assistants, 3 cooks and 11 guards coming with us. With the food costs and activities everything fit into the budget with a few thousands to spare.

The next morning we left. The travel was long and only got longer since it began to rain.

We arrived late at the smaller castle. We unpacked and went to bed.

Before falling asleep I wrote to Regulus, as promised. I told him about James and the vacation house. I asked about father's health and his safety.

I sealed the letter and gave it to a servant who'd get it mailed.

I went to bed enjoying the quiet and peaceful nature sounds.