Ignoring him

NO POV

Sirius opened his bedroom door and saw James standing like an angry mother scolding her child. That child being Remus.

"What's happening here?" He asked laughing a little.

Remus smiled up at him before nodding to James. Sirius looked at James to see him completely lost.

His eyes were glued on something in Sirius' direction but he couldn't tell what.

"Pourquoi est-ce qu'il me fix comme si je venais de le tué ?" His little brother asked.

And that's when he noticed what James was staring at and what they were arguing about. James liked his little brother, this will be fun.

"James, James" Remus shook him.

"Well he's gone until you leave Reg so here meet Remus, he only speaks English. This is James but his brain is, troubled at the moment." He said.

Regulus sat on Sirius' bed and talked to Remus while he pulled James out of the room.

"Can you stop freaking my brother out you dimwit" he said smacking the back of his head.

"Hey! I did nothing of the sort! And just because you're like King or something doesn't mean you can hit my head!" James retaliated.

"Please you're staring at him like he's a trophy. Just snap out of it. He's only a year younger than me but he's very different. Just remember he's just a guy, okay? No need to freak out"

"Right, okay. But I don't like him. I'm not a faggot and I know it. I have nothing against them but I, myself, am not one of them" James tried explaining.

"Sure whatever, just be calm" Sirius said before walking back in, followed by James.

James started acting a little more human like now but whenever his eyes would meet Regulus', he was gone until Regulus pulled away.

He following day was Sirius' wedding.

A few different family members from across the empire had come to witness it.

Sirius woke up in Remus' arms.

"G'morning Siri. Big day today huh. I'll be here for you when it's done, I promise. You can kiss her you know, your queen. I won't mind and it'll make it believable. I love you, forever. So don't worry and just try enjoying today even if I'm not under the arch with you"

Sirius just nodded and snuggled into Remus, he was warm and calmed Sirius down immensely.

After eating, Sirius got changed into his outfit and got into the carriage to the venue.

They arrived by 3pm and most guests were already there. James was with him but Remus and Regulus were in the crowd sitting on two chairs near the front.

James was Sirius' best man and walked with him down the aisle and stood with him at the arch.

They waited a few minutes before music started playing and the bride walked out.

She was definitely something. She wore a huge white and gold dress with a very long train. He hair was probably 2feet high and her makeup was showing through her veil.

She walked down the aisle and stood in front of Sirius who truthfully couldn't take his eyes off Remus in the crowd. Remus was wearing a nice suit after all.

James' cleared his throat and got Sirius' attention back to the bride in front of him.

He lifted the veil and was honestly, disgusted. She had somehow gotten uglier since the last time they met and she looked very uncomfortable.

The ceremony continued and finished quickly. The two barely kissed before both members wanted nothing more than to leave and get back to the people they actually loved. It being Remus for Sirius and François for Marie.

They both went back to the changing rooms.

Remus got up and sneaked in. He snaked his arms around Sirius making him squeak before calming down and breaking down in his arms.

"Hey baby, what's wrong? You did great, you know? And now it's done and you'll be seeing her much less and less now. This is just the first step into being king and I know you hate that you have to be King but I wouldn't want anyone else to be, okay? You got this sweetheart, i love you" Remus said calmly. He and Sirius kissed and it felt like the entire world melted away.

"Thank you" Sirius said, putting his head on Remus' chest.

The two stayed that way until Regulus came in.

"Sirius, on doit partir, mère nous attend" he said before walking back out.

Sirius reluctantly gave Remus one last kiss and left.

They went to the next location for the party which was of a ball if you asked anyone.

Sirius danced a little before sitting down with James and enjoying the night.

They got back once it was already dark outside and Sirius got into his room and was seriously holding back his tears.

Thankfully Remus was there. He held him tightly before helping him get undressed and into bed.

"Talk to me about what's on your mind" Remus said, holding Sirius tightly to his chest as they laid in bed in the dark.

"I'm just sad. It wasn't you up there. And I know it never can be. I was looking at you the entire time just hoping you could replace Marie and you couldn't. And I'm so mad that us being together could get us killed. We aren't supposed to be together, at least for society but you feel so right that everything else feels wrong. I love you so much and marrying some girl made me feel like a traitor and like I don't deserve you. I'm so sorry"

Remus held a crying Sirius for probably hours before they both fell asleep thanks to Remus' calming voice.

The next few weeks were a bit better.

Sirius and Remus were happy together and spent their days hugging and in bed, together, cuddling.

But for a certain English guy, life was getting rough.

Sirius was so busy all day and Remus was too that James couldn't really do anything but be with either himself or Regulus.

Regulus on the other hand managed to always ignore him. And slowly break him.

James would talk to him for hours and it felt like he was talking to the wall, though there's a higher chance the wall would respond.

He was putting in so much effort to speak french too, just to be sure Regulus could understand. Nothing worked.

And he didn't know why.