You're leaving? I'm sorry

Regulus POV

That James guy has been talking to me for a month now and I still can't find the courage to respond.

When I'm around him i feel crazy.

I loose all control of my words and feel like I'm going to faint on the spot.

My head goes crazy and I can't think and think too much. Nothing works and it's annoying.

"GOD I HATE HIM!!" I screamed as a threw a book to the ground.

He made my entire body ache and heat up and was stuck in my head all day. I can't stand him.

But I wish I could respond.

I've learned so much about him over the month he's been here.

He talks to me a lot but I'm a frozen brick wall when it comes to answering.

And it makes me feel awful.

James POV

Finally, after weeks off being around, Sirius was starting to talk with me. I mean sure Remus was wrapped around him like a giant koala but at least he was standing.

We were laughing in his room when his brother walked by and I started to get all gittery.

I could hear my heart beat and feel my cheeks burning up. My stomach started to cramp and I felt like I was about to be sick.

This would happen every time I would see Regulus unprepared. I had no idea what it was though.

"Hey Sirius? Can you tell me about your brother?" I asked trying to breath.

"Uh sure. Regulus is kinda quiet all the time. He spends his day reading and obeying my mother's every order. He seems a little broken on the inside and I don't know what caused it. All I know is a few years ago, something happened during the summer since from that day he's been like this, secretive and distant. He used to be happy and smile all day and play sports. But now he reads and draws and cries,a lot. I've heard him cry every night for months straight but the second you walk into his room, he goes quiet. There you go, that's Regulus Black for you"

"Thank you Siri! You're the best"

"Aren't I !?" Sirius replied making the three men burst out into laughter.

That night James stayed awake.

His room wasn't too far from Regulus' thankfully. So when he snuck out of his room, no one saw him.

He walked down the hall and heard them; quiet sobs.

They didn't sound forced, they sounded like a childs. It sounded like a kid was scared and nervous and lost.

James had thought about going into his room, but he couldn't. He knew he'd only make it worse.
Regulus needed this cry to feel better and you could feel it.

James slowly went back to his room and to bed, thinking about regulus.

The next week James got a letter from his father.

He walked to breakfast that morning with a strange unsettling feeling.

As they were eating breakfast, James dropped the news.

"Hey umm, I have to go back to England. After Sirius' coronation I need to leave and go back to my father for work. There's no debating this, I know it. I'm sorry guys" James said sadly.

Regulus had definitely had a reaction to that.

"But James the coronation is tomorrow! We only have today left! What come on let's go!!" Sirius said shoveling down his breakfast.