Run (aways)

Regulus POV

I had come to a conclusion. Yes it's selfish and risky but I couldn't continue to live if I didn't tell James before it was to late.

I was going to tell him, that I loved him.

We had originally planned to leave 2weeks before the wedding but Remus fell sick and it was safer to wait.

Remus was now better thankfully but the wedding was a week away and they still wanted to wait a few days.

So during the night I left.

I went to the stables and got a horse and rode up North for the night.

I got to the Port before the first boat left and paid them to allow me on.

I arrived in England by mid day and after a while I found an old man kind enough to bring me into London with him.

I arrived at the gates at 3pm, a week before the wedding. And I had no idea how I was supposed to get in and talk to James.

I went up to one of the guards and told him I was Sirius Blacks brother and I was there for James Potters wedding. He didn't believe me but called out an official to deal with me.

So I explained myself again and again to several people until I met James' governess.

She let me into the palace explaining to the guards that James had been talking non stop about me and they better be respectful to the French royalty and learn to respect and identify them.

She brought me into a room but James was in a meeting so I had tea with them and waited for James.

The sun was starting to soon set when James finished his meeting.

When James learned I was in the palace I heard my name being shouted in the walls.

He walked in on me in a guess room I was put into for my wait. He walked in and without having a second to wait he hugged me so tightly I might as well have exploded.

"I missed you" he said as his voice broke.

"I'm sorry" I responded while wrapping my arms around him and pulling him in tighter.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a while. Easily 20 or so minutes but it truly felt like seconds.

"Why are you here?" He asked sitting down with me on the bed and wipping away his tears.

"I needed to tell you something before you got married" I said after a few moments of hesitation.

"And what, what is it?" He asked.

For a minute I thought I saw hope in his eyes. He had a certain expression that was so unreadable.

"I love you" I said looking away.

I started to get up after he didn't reply. But I could barely get up before he yanked me down and I fell onto his lap and he kissed me.

James Fleamont Potter, future king of England, was kissing me Regulus Arcturus Black, Prince of France.

After a long first kiss I crawled over him and straddled him to kiss him better.

All of the kisses were sweet and emotional. I loved them. I loved him.

"I've always loved you Regulus" James said, practically in tears, when we stopped.

I was taken aback. He liked me, loved me.

"So, what now?" I asked as I hugged him, still in my straddling position.

"Lily won't like this. She's obsessed with me and actually likes me and killed her own cousin for catching him having sex with his assistant who was a guy. I prefer to keep my head and you keep yours since you're so beautiful." James responded, kissing my neck quickly.

"Who's Lily? Also did you lock the door?" I asked in a panic making him laugh a little.

"Lily is the princess of Scotland, my soon to be wife, in a week. And no" he said.

I quicky got up and off of him and ran to the door and locked it. I closed the curtains and put a wooden chair in front of every door.

This made James laugh a lot. "You're so cute. Come here" he said reaching his hands out.

I did a quick look around the room before running into James' embrace and kissing him passionately.

We cuddled for hours after that.

Around 11pm though we talked about what we were actually going to do.

"I mean, running away" James said.

I turned around in his arms and smiled at him.

"Yeah, let's run away"