3 • non-stop

in a rush, tommy picked up all of the girls trash and rushed them out the door, yelling and hardly giving them enough time to process what was even going on. y/n couldn't help but be embarrassed as everyone in the restaurant stared at them. tommy sat in the passenger seat on the way home, putting y/n in the back, and they rode in silence, tommy bouncing his leg up and down. up and down. up and down. y/n tried to keep her cool, she really did. but his bouncing was shaking the ENTIRE CAR. up and down. up and down. it's no big deal, he's just anxious and doesn't wanna be late. up and down. deep breaths. up and down. up and down. deep breaths. deep breaths. deep brea-

"ENOUGH WITH THE LEG BOUNCING," both y/n and becca burst in unison. they looked each other, shocked that they were thinking the same thing. embarrassed, tommy stared at his lap and instead began fiddling with his fingers. y/n immediately felt guilty for her outburst. god that was rude, he's gonna hate me. becca made some conversation after that, mostly just desperate to talk to her idol and ease the tension, while y/n zoned out in the back and thought about how she could keep tommy from thinking she was a total douchebag. she really wanted friends at this new school.

clearing her throat, she finally decided to join becca and tommy's conversation. "hey, let's put on some music. it's painfully quiet in here." tommy immediately grabbed the aux and began scrolling through his playlist to find the right song. y/n sighed. she kinda wanted to play her own music, but she couldn't manage stay mad at how excited he looked to put on his music. his happiness was so contagious.

"this ones a banger," he exclaimed, practically glowing as he sat down his phone. suddenly a male voice started rapping about new york and practicing law. becca dramatically gasped.

"HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS SONG." she began screaming aaron burrs lines right into the other twos' ears. y/n struggled to breathe, turning red from laughing so hard. her laughter only doubled in intensity when tommy joined in as hamilton. she couldn't believe how comfortable those two were around people they had just met today.

"WE DONT EVEN LIVE IN AMERICA," y/n screamed over the radio as she watched the concert from the backseat, but that didn't stop her from joining in as ensemble, and later on as washington, eliza, and angelica. towards the end tommy turned around and grabbed her hand to dramatically sing in her face, taking her by surprise and, embarrassingly enough, kind of giving her butterflies. wow, touch-deprived much? she pushed all those thoughts away and focused on the song.

"WHY DO YOU FIGHT LIKE YOURE RUNNING OUT OF TIME?"
"HISTORY HAS ITS EEEYES OOON YOOUUU-"

before any of them knew it, they were at school, watching as other kids rushed inside in an attempt to not be tardy. they were all slightly embarassed and exhausted from their performance. becca reluctantly got out of the car, wanting to spend more time with her new friends and muttering goodbyes, but y/n was absorbed in her own thoughts, shocked at herself. she never warmed up to people that fast, and she never found people who were as chaotic and loud as she could be. she was brought out of her own daydreaming when tommy clapped a hand to his mouth.

"huh? what happened?" he seemed really embarrassed at whatever he was seeing on his phone

"i don't even have a class this period," he mumbled. he must've been looking at his schedule. he was turning redder by the second. after all, he had dragged his friends out of wendy's to not be late to the class he didn't even have. y/n just laughed.

"yeah, me neither."

—————————————-

another short chapter :( but i'll try to crank out another one tonight (no promises lol). also i feel like this is kind of boring? i tried to add some spice but i'm also trying to keep it realistic. anyways drop any criticism i'm very open to improving :3