5 • gaming

the rest of the week was pretty much the same. she would take the bus with tommy in the morning, go to lunch with him and becca, jam out in the car, then sit on the curb for the last period with tommy while they waited on becca to get out so she could drive them home. all was going far better than y/n had hoped, but she was still relieved when friday came and she could have a break from it all. after she arrived home, she sat on her bed, wondering what to do with her weekend. there wasn't much homework yet, and it was too cold out today to do much.

as if on cue, her phone buzzed on her nightstand, lighting up with the name "GAMER😈🥶." y/n scoffed at the name tommy had saved his own number under. as she picked up the phone her heart leaped. she couldn't explain why she was so excited to have these new friends. she just hadn't been this lucky at her last school, where she mostly sat alone or made short-lived and meaningless friendships. this felt different.

GAMER😈🥶

yo

hey!

do you have discord??

uh yea

cool. send me your user

aight

and so she did. shortly after, she received a notification from the discord app.

tommyinnit sent you a friend request.

y/n accepted the request, wondering why he wanted her as a friend on discord anyways.

GAMER😈🥶

did u get it?

yea i added you back

oh cool
wanna play counter strike?

i suck ass at that game

me too don't worry

with a sigh she began to boot up her pc and load the game that she had rage quit months ago. suddenly, she heard a call coming from discord. she hesitated to pick it up, knowing that her social battery was pretty much drained today. but alas, she picked it up and listened as tommy rambled on about how his online friends never wanted to play counterstrike with him anymore.

"they're all just among us addicts now," he scoffed. y/n couldn't help but laugh. (i don't play counterstrike so sorry if this is inaccurate lol) they played their first round, tommy completely carrying them.

"i thought you said you sucked!!" y/n shrieked, feeling absolutely betrayed. she didn't realize she'd be completely embarrassing herself.

"i do suck. you just REALLY suck," tommy laughed, easing her nerves a bit. again with that contagious laugh. they played for a while longer, roasting each other and laughing at anything and everything. it was actually kind of a blast, despite how bad they both were and how often they lost. finally they each got sick of losing and rage quit mid-round.

"i told you i was bad. and yet you still decided to play with me. you brought this upon yourself," y/n sighed, no longer as embarrassed at the situation.

"yeah yeah. well it was still fun, we should just play something else next time." y/n smiled. next time.

"yeah totally. wait, aren't you supposed to stream today?" she asked, noticing the time. the sound of tommy leaving the call immediately rang through her headphones, and she giggled. when she received the notification of tommy going live, she started full on laughing at his panicked-looking face as he perfusely apologized to his audience for being late. ironically enough, he was streaming among-us just an hour or so after making fun of his friends for playing it. y/n kept his stream open on her second monitor as she played minecraft on her main, building a doghouse for her insane amount of dogs.

just 15 minutes into tommy's stream, he was imposter. y/n couldn't even focus on minecraft anymore, full on cackling at his attempt to be stealthy. she tabbed out and looked at wilburs stream to see if he was onto him. of course, he was. when the meeting came everyone began screaming nonsense about tommy venting or fundy killing corpse in electrical. she was happy when the meeting ended, and she could finally put her headphones on both ears without being earraped. tommy had been voted out, and was now blowing up her phone.

GAMER😈🥶

SEE?? THIS IS WHAT I MENA! THEY SOEND TOO MUCH TOME OK THIS GAME THEYRE TOO GODO

tommy learn to spell

YOU BITCH

————————————————————
lolol this is kinda a wholesome filler chapter while i'm having major writers block. also thank you sm for 100 reads!! that's wild. hope y'all are enjoying and expect some pov change up soon to keep things spicy