6. Her Friend

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

One week.

It had been one week since Sohee and Yoongi met at Gangnam Station. In that one week, they both got to learn that they were both from the same hometown, Daegu. They two wondered how come not even once were they able to run to each other.

Nonetheless, Sohee was still thankful she was able to meet you Yoongi, and finally earned a friend. It was still a mystery to her on how she had manage to scare Yoongi off. Maybe it was because he was different from all the other people she had met.

Only Yoongi wanted to try.

Nam Sohee, focus. You literally have four quizzes to take tomorrow, her brain scolded her. She shook the distracting thoughts of Yoongi out of her mind and focused on her reviewers. She made a face as she realized how unorganized everything was. For the past week, she had never even bothered to clean up her desk or at least make it look decently nice.

But she had no time for that so she dismissed the thought easily and once again, forced herself to pull up an all-nighter that night. Instead of binge-watching, she was having yet another study marathon.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She was internally panicking the next day. Beads of sweat trailed from her forehead to her temples then to the sides of her face, despite of the air conditioned room. She wasn't hot. She was nervous. For the past five minutes, she had been trying to remember the answer to the fourth question of their quiz.

She didn't understand. She spent all night yesterday studying yet even a simple question, she didn't know the answer. Her pen started to shake unconsciously in her hand. Noticing this, she gripped then pen tighter, closed her eyes, and tried her very best to remember the answer.

She internally cheered herself as the answer suddenly pops in her mind. Immediately, she wrote her answer with a small smile on her face.

The smile didn't last long though. Her eyes fell on the fourth question and her smile dropped, replaced with a frown. She stared at the question, obviously not knowing the answer to it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Ugh! I failed one of my quizzes!" She frustrately tugs on her hair harshly as she ranted to Yoongi, who seemed to be enjoying his protein bar.

"Oh, don't be too down, Sohee." He comforted her. "It's just one quiz. You did good on the other three."

Sohee wanted to believe him, but she was still bothered because each quiz, seatwork, and exam mattered to her. She always made sure that she passed all of those.

She sighed. "Thanks, Yoongi. But it was just so weird. I spent all day studying yesterday and majority of the questions on the quiz, I didn't know the answer."

Yoongi chuckled. "Trust me, everyone had been there." He put down his protein bar and focused his eyes on Sohee. "Instead of slowly killing yourself with your thoughts filled with a quiz you didn't pass, why don't you reward yourself for doing on the other three?"

His suggestion slightly surprised Sohee. The boy smiled softly at Sohee's reaction. "You've been looking at the negative side, now let us go on the positive side, hm?"

The girl's cheeks turned pink. "What should I reward myself?"

Yoongi tilted his head thoughtfully. Then an idea popped in his mind. His lips curved upward. "Do you like going to amusement parks?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Die! You ungrateful piece of rotten meat!" Sohee shouted at the screen. For the past twenty minutes, she had been shooting zombies down with determination. All Yoongi could do was watch her with laughing eyes.

He clutched his stomach as he breathed out. "There's another one behind!"

Sohee jerked then successfuly shot at the zombie, then it was game over. "Wow." She breathed out. "That was intense and amazing."

"I didn't know you were a pro at shooting games." Yoongi snickered. Sohee proudly smiled at him before interlacing their fingers together, to which Yoongi widened his eyes at. Then she lead them both out of the small arcade section of the amusement park.

"Let's go to the bumper cars!" The girl exclaimed then wasted no time dragging Yoongi along.

While you think that the two of them were in one bumper car with Yoongi as the driver, and Sohee was the cheerer, you are wrong. The two were in two different bumper cars, shooting each other with icy glares. They both made a bet, as you can see. Whoever loses, buys the other anything they would want.

Neither of them wanted to spend a single penny for the other. Sohee certainly wanted a new pair of Spiderman pajamas, while Yoongi wanted a kumamon stuff toy.

Even with the few people with them enjoying their experience, they were unaware with the small competition between the two friends. Sohee determinedly drove her bumper car towards Yoongi, who fortunately dodged her hit.

Yoongi took the opportunity to lead his own bumper car to the back of Sohee's. The girl successfully avoided his hit, and instead, he accidentally bumped into another person's car.

Sohee laughed. Yoongi was suddenly distracted by the sound of her laugh. Despite of the chattering of the people surrounding them, he never missed a note to listen to her melodic laugh. To Yoongi, it was his favorite music.

He wished nothing else but to hear Sohee's laughs for a lifetime. Nothing else but her happiness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━