21. A Sad Story

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

8 years ago...

The Yoongi from six years ago didn't have that alot of differences from the present Yoongi. However, it could be noticeable how happier the younger him was. Though, he was already an adult that time, he still seemed to be naive and innocent. After all, he just entered the stage of adulthood. Give the boy some time to adjust.

Another reason is because he still has a parent to guide him. A parent to scold him and to discipline him when he was doing something wrong.

That day, Yoongi had upcoming exams the next day , but opted to play basketball instead. To him, he thought that school was not important, and that we would all forget the lessons once we grow up.

I would be lying If I said I don't agree with him. But there are those life lessons that undoubtedly won't be forgotten and some will be carved into our minds.

Yoongi continued to shoot hoops, despite of the blazing weather that day. Beads of forehead trickled down the sides of his face to his neck, making him glisten under the sun. His dark brown hair was bathed in sweat as if he had just gone out from the shower.

Yoongi was too focused that he didn't notice his beloved mother calling him from behind.

"Yoongi!"

The boy finally whirled around to meet the eyes of his mother. A gummy smile replaced his serious expression and immediately hopped to where his mother was standing.

"Eomma!" He chirped. "Did you see me shooting hoops? I could be a famous basketball player!"

His mother sighed and gave him a smile. "Yes, dear. I did. You shoot quite well. But." She raised a finger a wiggled it. "Are you forgetting about your exams tomorrow? You are a grown man already, I expected you to prioritize studying first."

"But eomma—" The boy tried to whine and protest but his mother cut him off.

"You can play basketball again once your exam ends." She turned around to walk back home. "Be back after ten minutes. If I don't see you studying in your room later, I'm confiscating that little ball friend of yours."

Yoongi swore he could imagine his mother smiling teasingly. The boy, who thought that arguing with his dear mother won't do anything, sighed in defeat and chose to obey her.

"Where will studying even get me? I'd probably forget everything." He muttered.

"I heard that!"

Yoongi widened his eyes in surprise then skipped towards his mother with the ball in his hands as they both went home in the middle of the blazing light of the sun.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Yoongi."