26. Awkwardness

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sohee knew it all.

She knew something was up with Yoongi. Even though she knew she was sick in the head, she could clearly read the guy's movements. Especially his body language. The way his cheeks grew warm every time they met each other's gazes. The nervous expression plastered on his face every time they talked but then he still managed to not stutter. The way he breathed deeply when they're beside each other, which she assumed that he was just trying to calm his heart skipping beats.

Sohee waited. The girl never confronted the guy because she didn't want him to feel pressured nor embarrassed by the fact that she knew what was going on. He seemed so innocent, cute, and pure that she couldn't help but admire him, whether from afar on when they're inches away from each other.

Oh did she also look at his lips every now and then when they talked, not even noticing that she was unconsciously licking her own lips. Of course, Yoongi noticed this.

You could say that it's not the typical romantic movies you watch everyday wherein the male is the shameless one, the one showing signs of their feeling towards the female. Whilst the female is the one who always end up being a blushing and stuttering mess in front of their love interest.

No. Definitely not.

"Stop doing that." Yoongi said.

Sohee shifted her gaze to the boy's eyes. "What? Doing what?"

"That." Yoongi blinked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sohee blinked back before plopping out of the bed and making her way towards the bathroom.

She hummed a few tunes as she opened the door and was about to enter when Yoongi spoke once again, making her halt in her steps and whirl around to face him.

"I'll be, um, on my way now." Yoongi awkwardly said. "You hungry? I could grab you some food."

"Okay, yeah. I'm actually really hungry." Sohee responded. "Thanks."

The girl entered and shut the door, which was the cue for Yoongi to take his leave. He let out a breath he didn't knew he had been holding and instantly relaxed as he made his way to the door to exit the room. Just as he was about to twist the knob, the bathroom door opened and Sohee popped her head out.

"Um, Yoongi?"

"Yes?" Yoongi gulped.

"I forgot that I'm on my period today." Sohee blinked at him, as if telling a guy that it's that time of the month was completely normal.

Yoongi coughed and almost choked on his own saliva but immediately regained his composure.

"Oh." was all he said.

"I need pads." Sohee said nonetheless. "The ones with big wings."

Oh, Lord, help me. He thought.

"O-Okay." He stuttered and cursed himself mentally for doing so. "I'll buy some too."

The awkward tension was starting to get thicker that Sohee instantly closed the door immediately after mumbling a small thank you to Yoongi, who also proceeded to hastily open the door and exit the room.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yoongi's heart was beating rapidly upon entering the convenience store. He gulped as he maneuvered his way to aisle of the feminine products. He surveyed his surroundings, making sure that no one could see him.

Once he felt that the coast was clear, he crouched, pulled the hood of his thick parka above his head and began his hunt for the pads with "big wings" that Sohee told him. Despite of the cold season, he was sweating nervously.

"Yes!" The boy whisper-shouted to himself upon finding the right pads.

He stood up and turned around only to come face to face with a staff of the store. Yoongi flinched, almost dropping the pads in his hands.

The female smiled at him whilst his cheeks started to fume in embarrassment.

"Pads for your girlfriend?" The girl tilted her head, the smile never leaving her lips. "I saw you from the mirror on the ceiling." She gestured above. "I apologize for snooping but I figured that you needed help."

The former gulped. "I'm okay now. I found what I needed. Thanks for the help, anyway."

"Sir, are you looking for the ones with big wings?" The girl asked him.

Yoongi blinked then nodded.

The female staff eyed the pads he was holding then chuckled softly and shortly before crouching and rummaging through the pads. "You got the wrong one, sir."

She stood up then handed him the pads. Yoongi slowly and hesitantly handed her the ones he got earlier, his cheeks still as red as a rose.

"Good luck with your girlfriend." She winked at him suggestively as he payed for the pads and food.

"She isn't my girlfriend." Yoongi said calmly. "She's...just a very close friend of mine." He smiled at the thought of Sohee.

"It doesn't look that way to me." The girl leaned forward and began observing Yoongi's face and expressions. "Well if it is that way, you should tell her your feelings before it's too late." She leaned back.

Yoongi looked at her, blinking, wanting to know more. Meanwhile, the girl gave him a soft smile. Upon seeing his face, she immediately knew that he wanted her to elaborate. She chuckled. "Well, you never know, another man might steal her. Bad things may happen, boy."

"By the way." She reached her hand out. "I'm Eunbi. Jung Eunbi." Yoongi slowly shook her hand. "If you need any girl advice, don't hesitate to stop by here. I also noticed that you're a nurse in the nearby hospital. I'm pretty sure a fifteen-minute walk won't take too long."

"I'm Yoongi. Min Yoongi." The boy introduced himself. "Uh, thank you, by the way."

He gave her a small wave of goodbye, and Eunbi did the same. He immediately left the convenience store and literally sprinted to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

Now, his confusion was replaced by determination. And surely, he won't be holding back.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: Hi again... lmao, while I was writing this chapter, I was having a writer's block so I wasn't satisfied with this chapter but I figured that I should add a bit of humor to lighten the story since (if you know, you know from the tags) this book will have a sad ending. Yes, you read that right.

Anyway, this chapter wasn't planned lmao. I just wrote down whatever was on my mind to be honest. Hopefully, the next one would be better.

Adios! Stream "Life Goes On" and "Dis-ease"! Yes, Dis-ease is my jam for the year. Stay safe everyone!