13. Now We Know

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After quite some time that the couple has stayed in each other's arms, Yoongi suddenly felt drowsy. In his arms, he felt that Sohee was suddenly heavy. It was because she fell asleep and most of her weight was now placed on the male's chest. Not that it bothered him, he just wanted her to feel comfortable.

Yoongi slowly moved, his hand supporting Sohee's head with care and gently laid her head down on the pillow. Her eyes were closed, earning a smile from Yoongi because he found her peaceful and pretty as she slept.

He quietly removed Sohee's slippers from her feet and placed them on the bed. Lastly, he placed the blanket over her petite form, tucking her in and shielding her body from the cold.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sohee fluttered her eyes open when she heard the door opening and being shut. Two people emerged, her doctor, Kim Namjoon, and her beloved friend, Min Yoongi.

"Hello, Miss Sohee." Namjoon gave her a small smile. "Had a good sleep?"

Sohee managed to let out a scoff. "I wouldn't say it was good, considering this was like the third time I slept within twenty-four hours." She chuckled.

Namjoon bit his lip, caught off-guard by his patient's good mood.

"Came to check up on me?" Sohee sat upright, her palms on the back to support herself. "Feel free, Dr. Kim. I want to be treated."

Yoongi was being oddly quiet ever since they entered. Wordlessly, he went around Sohee's bed and raised her bed, making her instantly lean back against the pillow. The action made her heart flutter.

Her attention averted back to Namjoon when he cleared his throat. "Well, Miss Sohee, I came here to check your heartbeat." He slowly took out his stethoscope from around his neck. "May I?"

Sohee nodded. While Namjoon began to check her heartbeat, she took deep breaths. Unconsciously, her head turned to Yoongi, who was standing in one corner, his hands together. She looked at his eyes, but he never looked back.

Sohee wondered what was up with him. Something was bothering him considering how quiet he had been. When she realized that he wouldn't return her stare, her gaze shifted to his dashing blue hair instead, and suddenly her cheeks were flaming up at how he incredibly looked attractive with his blue hair in just scrubs. Remind you. Just scrubs.

Sohee didn't even hear Namjoon calling her name for the third time. "Miss Sohee?"

Sohee snapped her attention back to her doctor. "What? Why? What happened?" She blurted out.

Namjoon lets out a soft laugh. "Your heartbeat is oddly weird today. It was just beating normally then it suddenly sped up, I almost thought it was gonna explode."

Sohee remained quiet the whole time in embarrassment. "Your cheeks are quite red too." Namjoon pointed out. "Anyways, I think that your heartbeat is normal. It's also good that you took the time to take some rest, making up the all the sleep you missed from studying. Keep it up, Miss Sohee."

Namjoon turned around to leave the room when Sohee's voice made him halt. "What's the update on my x-ray? Is it benign or malignant?" She asked, getting straight to the point quickly.

Namjoon faced her but his eyes were on Yoongi, who was also about to leave when he was caught off-guard by Sohee's straightforwardness. His jaw clenched as he returned the glare to Namjoon.

Namjoon's eyes left the male's and made eye-contact with Sohee. "Your tumor is malignant." He said with a straight face.

Yoongi's heart broke in a thousand pieces once again. Sohee, on the other hand, stared through Namjoon to the wall, a blank expression on her face. For five whole seconds, the whole room was quiet before Sohee broke it.

"Okay." She said softly and paused before meeting her doctor's eyes again. "Dr. Kim. I don't want you to feel pressured and burdened, so whatever is it that you're comfortable and you think that is right to do, go on with it. I won't question it." Sohee gave him a reassuring smile.

Namjoon blinked, taken aback by her words. "Miss Sohee..." He began but was cut off.

"Dr. Kim, you're the boss here." The girl wiggled her eyebrows at him. "No more objections. I will go on your way. If you want me to proceed having chemotherapy immediatly, I'll gladly listen. Do a surgery on my brain, sure!" Sohee paused before grinning. "My parents are rich businessmen. Anything financial, they can support me."

Her smile was forced, Yoongi could tell. He could tell that behind those words were something deep. Having a rich family only meant one thing, they can support their children financially, but never emotionally. Parents tend to be materialistic when they're rich, unconsciously forgetting about the well-being of their children.

Yoongi indeed was right. Sohee never felt closed to her parents. She only visited them occasionally like when it was semestral break because first, she needed money, second, she only comes home for her grandmother, the only person who genuinely cared for her ever since she came to the world despite of her status.

Sohee didn't look forward to her parents' reactions to her illness. One thing that she would never accept is the look of pity from them.

"Okay, Miss Sohee." Namjoon broke Sohee's and Yoongi's thoughts. "I'm glad that you somehow trust in me as your doctor. I will do my best." Then his eyes landed on Yoongi's. "To heal you."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━