27. Confession

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Immediately closing the door after entering Sohee's room, Yoongi's eyes began to wander around, looking for the girl. He was about to panic when he heard a small and soft voice coming from the bathroom.

"Yoongi? Is that you? I'm inside." Sohee called out softly.

Upon hearing the female's voice, the confidence that Yoongi had just a few minutes ago shattered immediately, hiding in the depths of his mind and heart.

He gulped before approaching the bathroom door. He knocked softly, his head facing away from the door. "I got your essentials. I'll be preparing your food." He managed to say.

The door opened slightly and Sohee's head perked out. "Thank you, Yoongi." The boy reached out the pads and Sohee gently received them.

"Just call me if you need help." Yoongi said, still looking away.

Sohee smiled softly at his oddly cute behavior, enjoying his flusteredness, before she shut the door close. After cleaning herself up, she went out of the room, practically dragging her legs because she suddenly felt tired after being inside the bathroom.

Yoongi immediately came to her aid, placing his arm around her waist and the other on her shoulder. Sohee slightly shuddered at the contact but immediately relaxed.

Yoongi sat her down on the bed then fixed the overbed table where the food was placed, ready to eat.

"Are you okay?" The male asked her worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry." Sohee forced out a reassuring smile before grabbing the chopsticks. She began to munch on the noodles, its hot temperature slightly burning her throat but she didn't flinch from the burn because it felt warm to her.

The slurping sounds of Sohee eating her noodles was the only thing refraining from the room becoming silent. Yoongi watched her silently, swallowing as he contemplated whether to tell her right now and right here.

He opened his mouth only to close it again. Sohee was clearly oblivious on what was happening beside her since she is too focused on her meal.

Yoongi finally mustered all of his courage and opened his mouth to finally say something only to be cut off by a burping Sohee.

"Done!" She exclaimed, wiped her mouth with a napkin then turned her whole body to face Yoongi. She immediately noticed his weird posture.

He was sitting stiffly as if something sharp was poking at his butt, refraining him from sitting comfortably on the mattress. "Yoongi, are you okay?"

Yoongi jumped a little before finally relaxing in his seat. He cleared his throat before replying. "Yes. Yes, I'm alright."

Sohee waited, seeing that it seemed like Yoongi wanted to say something more. So she tilted her head in curiosity.

"Sohee."

"Hm?" She hummed.

"I want to tell you something." Yoongi finally breathed out, a part of the weight on his shoulders being lifted up and he felt lighter.

"Me too." Sohee chirped.

Yoongi met her eyes. This time, he wasn't nervous nor hesitant. He was curious too, wanting to know what Sohee wanted to say to him. Of course, he didn't had too much high hopes. Still, he expected it to be what he think it is.