chap 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hu-huh?" I stuttered, looking up at the man looming over me. Iwazumi's face contorted into one full of confusion. "That's not true, don't say that Waka," I moved myself a bit away from him, turning back to Iwazumi.

"Hm, you're strange Ushijima," Iwazumi acknowledged. "Shall we get going Y/n, I thought we could go to our place," He added, wrapping his hand around my wrist lightly.

"I'd like that," I beamed, taking a step towards the door before another hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Well, I shall be coming also." Wakatoshi deadpanned. "I need to make sure Y/n is safe, it's my duty,"

"Duty?" Iwazumi repeated, looking at Wakatoshi funny. "This isn't a fairytale dude," He laughed, starting to walk back over to his car. I followed along, taking a seat in the front seat besides him.

Iwazumi has always been a great friend to me for a few years. I sometimes think about the past and how hard it would have been to get through it without him.

♕ flashback ♕

"Y/n you came!" Oikawa exclaimed, giving the fellow 11 year old a hug. "I'm excited you could come to Iwa-chan's birthday. My mom told me it's a surprise thing so don't tell anyone," He whispered.

"I didn't tell anyone!" She yelled, then Oikawa shushing her. "Sorry, i'm excited for Haji's, I made the coolest gift for him," Y/n bragged.

"Nu uh, you are lying," He argued. "I bought Iwa-chan a new volleyball, with his favorite action character on it, much better than whatever you got him," He boasted.

The kids argued, but Y/n never revealed the gift she had gotten him. Eventually it was time for the birthday boy to be surprised.

Y/n and Oikawa hid in the closet, some of the other kids finding spots behind a door, under a table, etc.

They heard the front door open and immediately slammed open the closet door.

"Surprise!" The children yelled, running all up to him and asking questions like... "Did we really get you?" "How old are you?" "Who had the best spot?" "Open my gift!"

Iwazumi was amazed at all the kids gathered into his living room, the main thing he was surprised about was how many 'friends' of his were truly there. He didn't care about those kids as much as he cared about having Oikawa and Y/n there, his true friends.

"Okay children, all gather to the couch area. I'm going to assume that Hajime would want to open gifts first," His mother announced, helping to guide some of the kids over to the couch.

All the kids scooted onto there, trying to make room for everyone. Hajime sat in the middle, and Oikawa plopped himself next to him. Some of the other boys made sure to sit by different people, but most of them avoided Y/n.

At the time, Y/n's family was going through a rough patch. Her mother was having a hard time at the moment taking care of her family. She didn't have a lot of money, having to pay hospital bills for one of Y/n's younger siblings.

Y/n wasn't paying much attention when Hajime opened the other kids presents. But once it was Oikawa's turn she made sure to see his face and everyone else's reaction, just to brag that hers was better.

"It's a volleyball!" Oikawa screamed, acting much more excited that Hajime.

"It's really cool, thanks Tōru," He thanked, giving him a high-five and throwing the ball up into the air.

"I love that superhero too Hajime!" A boy agreed, once the ball was put down he grabbed it, showing it to the other boys.

"Last is L/n's," Hajime's mother said, guiding the girl to move closer to her son.

Y/n shyly stuck out the badly wrapped present, turning her head away while Hajime slowly took it. He lightly unwrapped it, being very careful since he wasn't for sure if the present was fragile or not.

Upon opening it he came across a picture frame of him and Y/n. Inside was a picture of them, all smiley and happy, but surrounding it were written memories of some of their best times. The picture was glued on a piece of paper and the words were scattered around it, then put in the frame.

"What is that?" A short haired guy asked, moving closer to look at it.

"When we go to the pool?" Another kid read out, disgust lacing in his voice. Y/n felt her heart drop, and could feel the tears start to burn her eyes.

"I'm sorry," She whispered rubbing at her eyes and running to the bathroom. While running she heard more comments, all talking about how they thought it was weird, ugly.

"Y/n, it's okay. I thought it was cute, I know you couldn't buy him something and that's okay," His mother sweetly spoke, opening the door carefully. She then wrapped her arms around Y/n, giving her a hug.

"Thank you," She muttered, clinging onto the older woman.

"Y/n?" A voice shyly questioned, peaking into the bathroom. The birthday boy walked over and wrapped his arms around Y/n also. "I really liked the gift, I think it's my favorite, i'm going to put it up in my room," He spoke, the girl turned around to see the large smile placed on his face, fully realizing he was her best friend, not Wakatoshi anymore.

flashback over

"Ushijima, are you really getting into my car right now?" Hajime clarified, looking in his rear view mirror to see the large boy in the back.

"Yes, I told you I have to make sure Y/n is safe,"

"This again, she said you weren't dating," Hajime scoffed.

"Well, sh-"

"We aren't dating," I commented, turning to look at Wakatoshi in the eyes. "You know that, you never asked me out," I turned back towards the front, looking out the window.

"Y/n, will yo-"

"Man, Ushijima you're one guy," Hajime laughed.

"Where are we going?"

"Well, I was going to take HER to my house s-"

"No," Wakatoshi spoke, opening the back door and exiting.

"If i'm being honest i'm glad he left," Hajime joked.

"Y/n, get out," Wakatoshi opened my door, unbuckling my seat belt.

"Ushijima, i'm going to hang out with my friend,"

"No, get out now. I'm being serious, Y/n i'm to watch over you and wouldnt want you to get hurt. So be a good girl and come with me, you're boyfriend, you wouldn't want to hurt my feelings, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
should Y/n go with Ushijima her 'boyfriend'  and hear out his reasoning or forget about him and go with Iwazumi?