chapter twenty

noel p.o.v.

"how do you think this one looks ?" i picked up a sterling silver ring with a single diamond that was tinted pink.

"that actually looks like tessah will love it" cody leaned past me to look at it. i smiled to myself. then i looked up to find a girl that was putting something back into its case.

"excuse me uh i think i found the one that i'm looking for" i held out the ring towards her.

"okay then" she took the ring from my hand and inspected it. "so have you found the one ?"

"are you talking about the ring ?" i gave her a confused look.

"the girl that you're getting it for, do you think she's the one and only ?" she continued punching information into the register.

"oh yeah uh i know she's the one for me. but this is just a promise ring for right now" she smiled kindly at me. she put the ring in a black velvet box, then put the box in this little tan bag

"well congratulations and i hope everything goes amazing for you !" she said cheerfully. i took the bag from her.

"thank you and have a nice day !" cody and i walked out of the store, and to my car. as we got into the car, i noticed that my phone was buzzing. tessah's calling me.

"hey what's up ?"

"um well i don't know if you've seen it yet but you and i are trending right now. people found out about our relationship"

*****

after i dropped cody off, i just sat it the car, looking at my phone for a moment. man tessah wasn't lying. my dms were filled with questions about tessah and i. my feed had the picture every other post. i scrolled through the dms only to find that tmz had an article already with a totally different picture of us.

the picture was her and i walking at the park near the hospital. we were holding hands and smiling at each other. honestly it was a good picture. but it was kinda weird because i didn't think i was that famous to be a target for tmz. i clicked out of instagram to go text tessah that i was coming back home. home. when she asked when was i coming home, it honestly sounded so great coming from her. i can't wait for me to come home everyday to find her there. honestly i think i love her.

*****

tessah p.o.v

i was watching a movie when my phone went off. it was noel telling me he was coming home. i wonder what him and cody were doing. probably just getting something to eat. abigail left about twenty minutes ago to go hang out with cody. it used to make me mad when she would choose to hang out with her boyfriends and/or girlfriends instead of hanging out with me. she always was in a relationship. they would last a while, one or two of them up to a year. but she always had a backup if something went wrong. which i thought was wrong for the backup because they were her "second choice" but everyone loved her so she always had a line of people just waiting to get with her. the sound of the door opening interrupted my thoughts.

"heyyy" i jumped up from the couch to greet him.

"hey, why are you so excited to see me ?" he questioned as he held me tightly.

"do you not want a hug from me ?" my words muffled in his chest, giggling a little.

"well of course i want a hug from you. i love your hugs" he said as he kissed the top of my head. he let go and headed to the kitchen. i went back to sit on the couch.

"so how did the podcast go ?" i asked him.

"it went actually pretty good. we had a lot of good topics to talk about and better yet none of the equipment fucked up this time" he started to make a sandwich. "do you want a sandwich ?" he looked up from the counter.