chapter two

i felt the warm sun on my face. i'm usually not a morning person but i went to sleep in a good mood which makes me wake up earlier in a good mood. i sat up to lift up my blankets.

"i need to call abi" i mumbled to myself, while looking for my phone. i turned to my left. i almost fell out of my bed. "why the hell are you in my room already ??" my little brother jacob sat on my bean bag just looking at me.

"i thought it would be funny for you to wake up to me stalking you" he got up, laughing hysterically, and headed out of my room. jacob is a classic nine year old boy who watches pranking videos all day so he thinks it's funny to try them on me. it also doesn't help that i'm a 22 year old living in my mom's house. well i need to because i have no money to pay for an apartment because i'm trying to pay off my student debt. i quickly went to abi's contact.

"ugh i wish i could have a place just for me"

"uh-oh did jacob do another prank on you again ?" she sounded annoyed like me. she always thanked god that she didn't have younger siblings. well any siblings at all for that matter.

"yeah but this time it was really creepy. as soon as i woke up he was just sitting there, watching me", i suddenly remembered the whole video thing, "abi where are you ??"

"i'm opening your bedroom door right now" she came in as soon as she said that and hung up.

"FINALLY" i pulled her onto my bed and quickly opened my phone to instagram.

"OMG ABI OMG !!!" i shook her uncontrollably.

"WHAT TESSAH ?!" i couldn't believe it.

"noel dmed me."

"well what does it say ??" i couldn't open it for some reason.

"i don't know, i haven't opened it"

"well what the fuck are you waiting for ??" she grabbed my phone out of my hand and opened it. "okay the message says",

         'hey tessah i got tagged several times into your video that you just made, and i have to say you're fucking funny. yo when do you think you're free to do a video together ??'

"oh my.. tessah, noel fucking miller wants to do a video with you" i couldn't even speak for a moment.

"did anyone text you ?" i managed to ask her.

"okay wait let's focus on what to say to noel before jumping on my phone" she still had my phone in her hands.

"yeah you're right. um okay", i got up to go to the closet to pick out an outfit for the day.

"well we obviously have to start out with a greeting, so something like 'hey noel, so nice to hear from you'." when abi said that, she did her sexy jazz voice. like you were hearing from a airplane pilot after you get situated on the plane.

"yeah that sounds good. then maybe add like", i paused to look for my lucky shirt. it's this black shirt that had random doodles on it. "add like 'i'm free whenever you are', wait no that sounds like i'm not being productive with my life. put 'i would love to meet up thursday, is it just going to be you ?' yeah. that sounds good." during all of this abi wasn't talking just typing away. i finally found my shirt, and also got a pair of black leggings.

"i sent it." i couldn't help but have a smile on my face.

"has he responded yet ?" she looked up from my phone giving me a confused face.

"girl it's only been five seconds chill" then my phone beeped. i dove for the bed, opening my phone to instagram once again. i read the message aloud.

'yooo it's so good to hear from you !! yeah thursday is great for cody and i. and that should give you the answer to your question. i thought that maybe you would bring abigail so i thought i'd bring cody, unless you want just us to meet one on one ?'

"wait he's asking if you just want it to be you and him.." she gave me the 'oh-shit-no-he-didn't' look. i started laughing.

"he most likely didn't mean it like that abi, he barely knows me. plus i think it would be better if you went with me because you know how awkward i am with hanging out with people i barely know" she got off of the bed to stand in my closet with me.

"i mean you never know maybe it was love at first sight with him" she shrugged then gave me a smirk.

"psh you know i don't believe in that stuff, that only happens in movies."

"oh whatever, you don't believe in it because it hasn't happened to you yet." i walked out of my closet and into the bathroom, she followed.

"i would've known if it happened because i watch his videos all the time."

"tessah he's looking at a camera, not into your dark deep green sparkling eyes. it's a different connection in person." i just decided to stop talking about it and ask her if she texted him back or not. "oh yeah i texted him saying that it was fine and he told us that we could get drinks at the bar right around the corner from us, and just hang out"

"oh okay that sounds fun" i had finished braiding my hair into a long french braid. "you wanna get philz ?" i asked.

"yes of course i do" she answered.

"also we can discuss who texted you on your phone in the car" i headed out of the bathroom to slip my nike slides on. grabbed my keys, my wallet, my phone and headed out the door with abi right behind me. as i was walking out i was thinking about meeting with noel. thursday was in two days. i could mentally and physically prepare fully for that, right ?