chapter five

i rolled on my side, slowly opening my eyes. fuck it's so bright. i had a mad headache and my stomach hurt. i sat up to only remember i wasn't in my room. i looked over to see noel sleeping on his stomach with his face smushed against the pillow. he looked so adorable when he slept.

as i walked into the kitchen i tried remembering some of last night. i remembered saying hi to noel and cody, then ordering shots. i kinda remember coming home, arguing with noel about his bed and that's about it.

"good morning" cody interrupted my thoughts by opening the fridge. all he had was a pair of basketball shorts on. i mean i've seen shirtless pictures of him but somehow it was a whole other thing in person. but i quickly stopped looking because i know that if i looked any longer, i feel it would be unfair to abigail. if that makes sense.

"good morning" i leaned against the counter while he walked around the kitchen.

"coffee ?" he asked.

"um yes please", i gave him a small smile. "how's your head ? i know in fact you pretty much got as hammered as me last night" we both chuckled a little

"the headache.. it's a bitch" he said while pulling his hand through his hair.

"yeah i bet" after he got the coffee going he leaned on the counter next to me, "did you at least have fun last night ?"

"yes i did, we have to do it another time" he suggested.

"yeah we totally should, but less drinking maybe. so noel wouldn't have to take care of us at least" i looked over to him, to find him looking at me as well.

"well i was hoping maybe noel wouldn't be there next time.. or abigail"

"oh uh-"

"good morning y'all" abigail said as she came into the kitchen with cody and i. cody shifted from the counter to start getting the coffee. she looked over to cody, i noticed that she liked what she was seeing. so i laughed a little.

"gooood morning" i said while kissing her cheek. "how'd you sleep ?"

"i slept okay, how did youuuu sleep ?" she nudged my shoulder, "did anything happen with noel ?" i looked over to cody to find him starting to look down at his phone.

"nothing happened okay ? we just slept on the same bed that's it" abi rolled her eyes.

"oh whatever, i can see you blushing" cody quickly interrupted us.

"here's your coffee, there's sugar over there, and creamer is in the fridge" cody handed me a mug that said '#1 dad' which made me giggle.

"thank you cody" we both smiled at each other. he headed back into the living room. as i was getting sugar and creamer i heard cody saying good morning to, who i would guess, noel. as soon as noel came in, abigail made her way to the living room with cody.

"good morning" i noticed noel still looked tired as hell.

"good morning, how'd you sleep ?"

"eh i slept okay, not the greatest though" he started pouring himself the last cup of coffee.

"is it because you didn't have a whole bed to yourself ?" he started laughing and bit his lip a little.