chapter twelve

"okay mom this is noel, noel this is my mom", noel shook her hand.

"it's nice to meet you mrs.hendrix"

"oh just call me julie sweetheart" noel nodded, then put his hands in his pockets.

"okay let me grab my things, then we'll go" i walked upstairs into my bedroom. i really hope my mom doesn't talk his ear off, i thought. i grabbed my phone, wallet, and chapstick. i came back downstairs to my mom asking him where we're going to go and what time he was bringing me back.

"i'll make sure to bring her home safely ma'am" he reassured. i hugged my mom goodbye.

"i like him" she whispered in my ear, i pulled back and smiled.

"okay mom love you" i said as i closed the door behind us. noel slightly walked in front of me to open the car door. i hope cody at least does something like this for abi..

"thank you sir"

"you're very welcome ma' lady" i giggled. he got into the car, starting it. he just looked over at me for a second.

"why are you looking at me like that ?" i ask, while still giggling.

"you just look amazing" he leaned over and kissed me. it was sweet.

"thank you, you look amazing too" i finally got a good look at him. he was wearing nice black jeans with a black button up long sleeve.

"well thank ya, ya fine gal" he said in a southern accent. i giggled a bit. "sorry i get weirdly goofy when i'm nervous" he finally pulled out of my street.

"wait you're nervous ?" he looked over at me, giving me a weird look.

"yes of course i'm nervous, i haven't been on a date in god knows how long" we both nervously laughed, as it grew silent. then noel spoke again. "so how's abi, what happened yesterday ? if you don't mind me asking" i paused for a second. i just decided to get the basis of it out of the way.

"well um her mom is really crazy, she's barely there at the house. she's always out partying with a guy half her age. pretending like she doesn't have anything to lose. and it makes me so mad, abi doesn't deserve any of it" i put my head down, fiddling with my hands. i saw noel put his hand on mine. i looked up him, finding him fixated on the road.

"i'm sorry for abi, she's a sweet girl. totally doesn't deserve it" it made me happy that he also cared about my best friend. usually with relationships those two don't get along. right there i knew that noel wasn't like the other guys. he cared about me, my life, my interests, my everything. i knew that he was mature and wanted to make this relationship work.

pretty soon we pulled up to the restaurant, it looks fancy, like any italian restaurant. i went to open my door, then noel told me to wait. so i sat there giggling a bit. he then hurried over to my door to open it for me. he bowed down slightly to me, like i was the queen of england or something. i started laughing more, as i got out of the car.

"you're so goofy, i love it" he smiled, taking my hand.  we walked inside to find that it was busy in there. noel noticed the worried look i had.

"it's okay i made a reservation yesterday" a sigh of relief came to me. i didn't want our first date to be ruined because of a stupid wait. noel and i stepped up to the host. "i made a reservation yesterday, for noel. table for two" the lady scrolled on the computer, then looked up to us smiling.

"yes mr.miller, table for two. i have you over here, follow me" she grabbed two menus and we started following her to the table. as we sat down and begun browsing the menu, i felt a tap on my shoulder. it was abigail.