chapter fifteen

i heard a knock on the door, so i grabbed my stuff and headed down stairs. i opened the door to not noel, but cody.

"oh hey cody, here to pick up abi ?" he leaned against the door frame.

"hey tessah and yes i am" i smiled, he smiled back, but looking at me like he did the night we kissed. maybe he just always has that look all the time, i thought.

"abi, cody's here !" i yelled, hoping abi would come down soon.

"okay be right down" as i looked back, i looked past cody to find noel pulling into the driveway.

"oh well if you excuse me, noel's here" he moved out the way and into the house. noel got out of the car, to greet me.

"hey beautiful" he swiftly grabbed my waist, and pulled in for a kiss.

"well hi handsome" i said as i pulled him in for a second kiss. soon he looked past me to see cody still in the doorway.

"why is cody here ?" he asks.

"oh he's just here to pick abi up" i told him as he opened the car door, then shutting it as soon i fully got inside. he got into the drivers seat, and started the car.

"oh okay" he looked back at the house, so did i. abi and cody walked out the doorway, laughing, heading to cody's car. "i'm so happy that cody decided to just go through with it" i smiled towards him.

"me too, they both deserve it" i put on his knee. he smiled down at it and kept driving. "so what is your video going to be about ?" i ask him.

"it's just going to be this sketch that i've been wanting to do for a while. now that i finally have a woman to do the role that i need" he gestured towards me, "now i can do the video"

"wait, you want me to be in one of your sketches ?" i laugh a little.

"yeah you seem like you're good in front of a camera, so why not ?" he grinned back at me.

"yeah i can deal with a camera but doesn't your sketches have lines that i need to remember ?"

"well yeah, but just a few, it's no biggie"

"oh okay as long as i don't have to recite a whole page i'm fine" i looked out the window to find darkened clouds start to head our way. "so what is this sketch about ?"

"it's how to approach a girl 101" he immediately started laughing, "it kinda sounds cheesy now, but it'll be more funny when we put it all together"

*****

"okay we're here" noel squeezed my thigh as we parked in this parking garage. we both got out and i started following noel into the elevator. he pressed the fifth floor.

"who's apartment are we going to ?" i looked over to him texting someone. the doors soon opened and we both stepped out.

"oh we're going to cash's to shoot the video" i nodded and proceeded to follow him down the hallway. just before we got to the door, he grabbed my hand. i smiled at him. the door opened to cash greeting us. i hadn't seen him since he practically saw me half naked the other day. we both blankly looked at each other for a second, then he stepped back so we could step in.

"hey cash" noel said, dapping him up.

"hey noel" cash whispered something into noel's ear. noel let go of my hand, walking away, leaving me with cash. i got confused so i just started walking with noel, until cash stopped me. "look i don't want it to be awkward between us because i walked in on you a couple days ago. so can we just pretend that it never happened ?" i laugh a little.

"yeah i was kinda hoping you would say that" i sighed of relief. he did as well.

"okay good" he started walking into the living room, and i followed him. we both found noel and nes talking.

"nes, this is tessah" he smiled kindly towards me.

"ohh so you're the girl noel's been nonstop talking about for a week straight" i looked over to noel, with my eyebrows furrowed.

"you've been talking about me ?" we all laugh. noel started to blush.

"all good things though" nes added, "i'm nes. as you can tell" he gave me a quick hug, looking back at noel as he pulled away. "so what are we starting with ?"

*****

"i think that went pretty great honestly" i said in awe as we watched the footage back, "like we both killed it" i smirked at noel, and he winked back at me. which made me grin more.

"yeah i think it's good guys" nes said as he checked some certain clips back.

"yeah great job, uh nes just send me the link so i can edit it" cassius said while nes nodded. noel walked over to the kitchen, i followed him so i could get a drink.

"that was a pretty fun to make" i smiled up to him while i took a drink of water.

"yeah thanks, uh i've been wanted to do it for months" he then leaned against the counter, wrapping his arms around my waist. i leaned into him.

"was i good ? i didn't know what to do for the second scene with my hands so i just put them in my pockets. but i felt like that was too awkward-". noel cut me off by placing his hand under my chin.

"tessah you were great, for a person who hasn't officially acted yet.. you were amazing", i looked up to him, smiling, "the perfect actress for the part" he kissed me softly.

"okay.. sorry um when i'm nervous or overthink something i just ramble on" he grinned back at me.

"well you did great overall" noel said with a smile on his face. cassius walked into the kitchen, and noel slightly moved me over to the side. "i have to go to the bathroom real quick" he made his way out of the kitchen. just leaving cash and i in the kitchen.

"hey tess you were great" he said as he leaned against the counter beside me.

"thanks cash"

"oh yeah um i took some pictures of you, do you wanna see them ?" i nodded, and he got his camera from on top of the counter. he positioned it so i could see them as well.

"wow.. cash these look amazing" as he was scrolling through the pictures, i looked professional but also really happy. "i didn't know i could look this good" he chuckled.

"well you're welcome, do you want me to send you these ?"

"yes i would love them, thank you" then he scrolled to a picture that was of noel and i. noel was behind me, looking at me with a grin on his face, while i was looking at down at myself trying to fix my outfit. the way he was looking at me, it was- heartwarming.

"okay i'll send them to you" as cash put his camera back, noel came back into the kitchen. at the same time my phone buzzed. it was abigail trying to call me. my phone was almost dead so i just ignored it. i'll plug it in later.

"hey do you guys wanna go eat out somewhere ?" noel asked. nes came in shortly after noel said that.

"yeah i could go for something" nes said, cash agreed, and so did i. "okay well i know this sandwich place a couple blocks from here"

"yeah that sounds good" i put my hand on his upper back, feeling the soft material of his jacket.

"okay we'll take my car since it had more room" cash insisted.